Salesforce seeks to hire an attorney that will primarily support Salesforces global M&A activities. This is a rare and unique opportunity to join one of the most cutting edge companies in the world and play a key role in helping to execute on its strategic vision. This attorney will interact with high-level executives and have a front row seat to the most interesting strategic deals.
This role is open in Salesforces San Francisco headquarters, but highly qualified candidates who prefer to locate in the Seattle/Bellevue, New York, Chicago or Reston offices will also be considered.
Description of Role:
- Advising Corporate Development in M&A activities globally in a substantive fashion without extensive supervision
- Working closely with Corporate Development, Strategic Partnerships, Legal and Corporate Affairs and other functional groups in all stages of acquisitions, including structuring transactions, drafting term sheets and other preliminary documentation, managing deal processes, performing due diligence, negotiating definitive documentation, assisting on regulatory filings, closing deals and managing post-closing integration and disputes
- Leading legal strategy on acquisitions
- Driving continuous improvements, scalability and operational excellence in deal processes and execution
- Managing outside counsel
- Assisting members of the strategic transactions legal team on other high priority tasks and matters
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 10+ years of legal experience primarily in M&A at a top law firm and/or in-house
- Highly responsive and service-oriented attitude
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize, and manage workloads to meet deadlines in a challenging and fast-paced environment
- Excellent legal and business judgment
- Experience independently negotiating complex business transactions
- Demonstrated capacity to actively solve complicated legal and business problems
- Fantastic communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player who can effectively engage with other members of the legal department and other functional groups
- Flexibility to assist the legal department in its activities and its mission as needs arise
Accommodations – If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.