Provides positive first impression of Goodwill Industries of Northern Illinois through answering inquiries and obtaining information for the general public (customers, vendors, program participants, donors, and other interested parties), providing excellent customer service, assists with general clerical and customer service tasks, and ensures all building safety and security procedures are followed
* Greets every person entering the building, determines nature and purpose of visit, and directs visitor to specific destination, or answers questions/provides information.
* Informs staff of the arrival of visitors for appointments.
* Answers the telephone in a professional manner to provide information or forward calls.
* Transmits information or documents using computer, mail, or fax.
* Collects and distributes messages and information for employees of the organization.
* Responsible for sending and receiving mail and packages including receipt and proper distribution of pay checks.
* Arranges meeting rooms for various functions, including ordering appropriate refreshments/meals, room layout, set up AV, etc.
* Keeps lobby and reception area neat and clean.
* Enters data into various data bases as requested.
* Deals with building issues including coordinating service calls, handyman, and day-to-day matters/maintenance.
* Follow safety and security procedures to ensure a safe environment for guests, participants, and employees.
* Attends and participates in building Safety & Security Committee.
* Acts as first point of contact along with Risk Manager on building safety and security matters.
* Takes lead on building safety matters – conducting drills, checking fire extinguishers monthly, completing semi-annual walk through, other duties as assigned by Risk Manager.
* Supports Risk Manager with special projects and assignments.
* Ensures confidentiality of all interactions and information.
* Responsible for general administrative and clerical support functions.
The above listed responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities or duties required. Incumbents will be expected to perform other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or GED, additional training or credentials preferred.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Cheerful, friendly attitude. High customer service focus.
* Empathy for and ability to work with individuals with disabilities and barriers to employment.
* Ability to address concerns promptly, know when to request assistance, and be assertive when needed.
* Ability to take direction and effectively prioritize activities/tasks/initiatives.
* Functional use of Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
* Fluent in conversational Spanish or American Sign Language preferred, but not required.
* Maintains a high level of confidentiality.
This is a full-time opportunity with benefits, including:
* health insurance
* vision insurance
* dental insurance
* basic life insurance
* 401(k) options (retirement savings)
* vacation day accrual
* paid holidays
* tuition reimbursement