Position: HSE Manager
Job type: Permanent, Monday to Friday
Location: Westlake, Louisiana
Petroplan is currently working with a Petrochemical facility who require an HSE Manager for their Westlake facility as they head into the Operational phase.
In this position, you will act as the focal point for all site safety matters and report directly to the Head of the Facility. You will be involved with ensuring that all activities are planned, scheduled and executed to achieve the agreed requirements in a safe and efficient manner. Key challenges will include:
- Schedule, plan and execute all HSE functions in coordination with Operations and in compliance with safety procedures, relevant safety, environmental, legal and ethical rules.
- Write, implement and manage HSE Programs, Policies and Procedures.
- Train staff to promptly respond to HSE-related issues, concerns, etc., and advise the HSE Manager immediately.
- Be knowledgeable and enforce compliance with Regulatory requirements (i.e., OSHA, EPA, etc.) as well as company HSE policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate for the HSE Manager position will have a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering (or equivalent experience), with over 10 years of HSE experience in Refining or Petrochemical (Oil & Gas) environment and fire brigade experience (must have fire response training/experience).
Suitable candidates will be a driven, autonomous, self-motivated safety professional who is passionate and hungry to succeed.
AT THIS POINT THE CLIENT ARE UNABLE TO SPONSOR WORK VISAS.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn’t to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan’s local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http: petroplan.com
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent