The HVAC Technician possesses the following knowledge: ability to perform journeyman level HVAC equipment repairs, installations, and maintenance; the ability to inspect major systems and identify operating problems; perform complex troubleshooting and repairs; manage HEPA filter maintenance and required documentation; fulfill the requirements for CFC certification and maintain site records for refrigerant recovery; the ability to input time into computer maintenance management systems and navigate to all fields that are applicable; able to train other HVAC technicians in all facets of HVAC maintenance; willingly perform other duties as directed by the sections supervisor. The position will report to the HVAC Supervisor.
Advanced-level position with over 10 years of related experience and technical training in specialized areas of industrial or commercial HVAC work. Working independently performs complex duties of a more specialized nature, frequently requiring independent analysis and decision-making. May be responsible for coordinating the schedule and workload of other HVAC technicians. May make work assignments and assist in other Technicians development. Performs troubleshooting and repairs. Expected to implement standard trade practices consistent with HVAC industry requirements. Often responsible for operations, inspections and repair of equipment and systems, and implementation of corrective actions. Expected to perform all duties in accordance with company and site safety standards.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Associates Degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; over 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Varied electrical and mechanical experience
- Broad understanding of HVAC components and theory
- Ability to read and understand mechanical, electrical, and equipment drawings
- CFC Certification and record keeping experience
- Ability to effectively present information either orally or in writing to other employees, supervisors, engineering personnel, and client representatives
- Knowledgeable in computer programs such as word processing and spreadsheet
The Journeyman designation (not a license) is desirable.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit <web address removed>