The Plumber role demonstrates knowledge in specialized areas of industrial or commercial maintenance work
Additional responsibilities include:
- Performs facility installations and maintenance tasks with supervision
- Performs minor troubleshooting and repairs
- Assists other higher-level facilities maintenance technicians in performing more complex tasks
- Provides support and assistance in the routine set-up, assembly, and/or installation of components of portions of equipment; occasionally makes simple repairs as directed.
- Receives detailed instructions on all work assignments
- Expected to perform all duties in accordance with company and safety standards.
- Properly document all work orders in a timely manner. This includes detailed notes of tasks performed with accurate work hours recorded
- Proficient in pump lift station operation and maintenance
- Proficient in specialized installations and maintenance tasks with no supervision.
- Provide mentoring to other technicians on all levels of repairs.
- Independently conduct troubleshooting and repairs; may lead small teams on repairs.
- Ability to troubleshoot, repair, and replace a variety of plumbing appliances and fixtures
- Ability to work with copper, PVC, no-hub C.I., hub and spigot, and threaded pipe
- Ability to read and understand blue prints and drawings
- Ability to lay out and estimate jobs
- Knowledge of the Connecticut plumbing code
- Must be familiar with Dom, Water, DWV, hot and chilled water, boiler condensate systems, storms drains, acid resistant, BFP/CV and HW recirculation systems
- Backflow prevention tester certification required
- 5 yrs experience working in the plumbing industry required
The Journeyman designation (not a license) are desirable.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit <web address removed>