The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our clients local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
The Challenge? Support engineers and scientists within the Buildings, Infrastructure & Advanced Facilities line of business in our Jacksonville office. You will work on designs, studies, and field assignments for major water infrastructure systems, water resource projects, network and distribution modeling, and water treatment projects in Jacksonville and surrounding areas. The role will involve working with multi-disciplinary teams through the planning, design, and implementation phases of projects completed for primarily municipal and state clients.
This individual will also assist with delivering projects and serving clients. Candidates should be self-motivated, detailed oriented, quality driven, team-focused, and have good written and verbal communication skills. Occasional travel may be required which will further enhance career development and networking with other professionals.
Our Water and Water Resource Engineers:
- Work on water and wastewater treatment, stormwater, conveyance, and water distribution system evaluations including alternatives evaluations, optimization, modeling, cost analysis, preliminary/detailed design, permitting, construction engineering services, and/or facilities startup.
- Assist with planning and design of wastewater collection and potable water transmission systems.
- Work on drinking water or wastewater facility evaluations including feasibility evaluations, cost analysis and studies.
- Assist with design and planning for water, wastewater, and stormwater conveyance projects including pump design, hydraulics and modeling.
- Work under the supervision of mid- and senior-level professional engineers.
- Prepare engineering conceptual designs, detailed designs, reports, studies, calculations, planning, and modeling.
- Perform routine assignments which are clearly defined and require the application of standard design engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Evaluate the selection and/or modification of standard techniques, procedures, criteria and systems to efficiently meet project goals.
- Understand, edit, and coordinate project planning reports, design specifications and drawings.
- Make site visits and conduct site audits.
- Perform field work to assess existing water, sewer, and storm sewer systems.
- Perform resident project representative and field observation duties on construction projects and water supply well rehabilitation projects
- Bachelors degree in Environmental or Civil Engineering or a related engineering discipline.
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certification or ability to obtain within 12 months.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Masters degree in Environmental or Civil Engineering or a related engineering discipline.
- Adept at interpersonal relationship building, conflict resolution, and participating in diverse teams.
- Experience with ArcGIS and graphics/CAD software
- Experience with Fathom Hydraulic Modeling software
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you’ll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit <web address removed>