The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our clients local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Our team is experiencing exciting growth within our established practice and we have a need for a strong Area Manager with experience in Concourse Design and Construction within the Aviation profession.
The Area Manager Concourse Design/Construction will report to the Deputy Program Director Design Management and Program Delivery and be responsible for the successful delivery of the Concourse design phase activities, design budget, compliance, scope definition, construction delivery support, construction coordination, construction quality assurance, construction change order request evaluation and field engineering from inception through closeout of all projects.
- Bachelors degree in Architecture or related engineering discipline is required.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressive U.S. aviation design and construction experience at major hub airports with an emphasis on terminal/concourse design and construction is required.
- Demonstrated experience in managing teams on large, complex aviation programs with at a minimum of one (1) program at a large-hub airport with capital program of at least $500 million required.
- Professional Engineer registration or architectural license and be familiar with a wide range of project delivery methods (for example design-bid-build, design-build, and construction manager at risk) required.
- Experience preparing and negotiating design fees and reviewing construction change requests, developing a Program design schedule and design delivery plan, conducting presentations, public speaking and possess good written communication skills is required.
- Experienced in interpreting and reviewing the contract documents including but not limited to schematic design (SD-30% documents), design development documents (DD-60% documents), construction documents (CD-100% documents), bid and award, conformed documents, requests for information (RFI), change orders, submittals, bulletins, as built drawings and close out documentation is required.
- Extensive field engineering experience is required during the construction phase to be able to make field decisions and help resolve construction conflicts required.
- Candidates must have a successful track record in risk management, conflict resolution; have a positive attitude and a propensity for collaborative teamwork required.
- Experience with and understanding of LEED gold certification requirements, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) rules and guidelines is preferred.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you’ll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit <web address removed>