Jacobs IT Procurement organization manages IT suppliers and develops and executes procurement category strategies that support the needs of Jacobs business units and IT. IT Procurement also leads supplier rationalization efforts in support of corporate merger and divestiture activities.
Category Managers within IT Procurement are responsible for managing IT categories or ranges of related IT commodities, providing the internal customer with procurement and contract solutions, and creating and developing a long term plan and strategy for development of the category to leverage volume and drive value. IT Category Managers also build relationships with stakeholders to support early engagement opportunities with suppliers to optimize investment.
Jacobs is seeking a seasoned Telecommunications Category Manager with industry knowledge of telecommunications and IT network suppliers. Under the direction of IT Procurement management and working together with other Jacobs IT Category Managers, this individual will develop and implement sourcing strategies to drive business value and cost savings in the telecommunications category. This individual will analyze the supplier environment, conduct business reviews with internal stakeholders, drive supplier negotiations, and assure risk mitigation.
Qualified individuals will have demonstrated experience in the IT procurement domain with a focus on telecommunications category sourcing and strategy, telecommunications contract document reviews, financial analysis, contracting redlines, and evaluation of terms and conditions. Qualified individuals will have experience working directly with suppliers to drive value through strategy development, negotiations, contract execution, and service transition.
- Manage telecommunications procurement work queue
- Build strong relationships with the telecommunications operational team and advise that team on their supplier strategies and options for cost reduction in transport and network equipment
- Work with suppliers to execute competitive bidding events (RFP, RFQ), request quotes, negotiate terms, and place purchase orders
- Build an understanding of Jacobs ERP system to enable efficient transaction processing
- Evaluate supplier performance over contractual term(s)
- Provide execution support of selected contract rationalization and divestiture opportunities with key suppliers
- Identify strategic supplier contract improvement opportunities. Provide, communicate, and implement effective sourcing approaches that meet organizational goals
- Manage negotiation of contract terms (with legal assistance) including pricing and volume discounts
- Research current state contracts, inventories, costs, and future state requirements in support of sourcing and negotiation strategies
- Analyze data to support effective contract approaches with fact based options
- Coordinate with internal IT Asset Management personnel for capture of data and for communication of contracting results
- Minimum of ten years corporate telecommunications procurement experience
- 4 – year degree; supply chain management degree, legal degree or background a plus
- Experience managing IT procurements through RFPs, RFQs, and purchase order execution
- Experience drafting contracts and statements of work
- Experience leading complex telecommunications procurements
- Experience interfacing and working with suppliers including leading negotiations
- Experience telecommunication contract notations and rationalizations supporting merger and acquisitions
- Experience with ERP Procurement Systems such as Oracle R12
- Experience working for a large company with $1B sales
- Great communication and analytical skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, and process improvement skills
- Ability to quickly adapt, work independently, and make immediate impact
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit <web address removed>