As a Junior-Level Structural Designer, you will be part of a fast-paced team focused on designing Advanced Facilities such steel mills, iron ore production facilities, and similar state of the art industrial manufacturing structures. Working with other designers and engineers of our multi-discipline team, youll convey structural requirements to the construction team through traditional 2D paper deliverables and/or BIM 3D Revit models. You will work under direction of more senior designers and engineers as you develop design concepts, create models from scratch, and coordinate designs to consider existing conditions and other disciplines.
As the Structural Designer, youll:
- Demonstrate proficiency in 3D modeling using Revit
- Create conceptual structural models based on verbal direction or rough sketches
- Coordinate work with related disciplines to resolve problems and avoid clashes
- Focus on quality, ensuring conformance with established structural standards, project standards, and project delivery processes
- Perform material take offs to assist with project estimates
- Display the ability to support work for other offices which may include travel Perform field walks, which may include travel, climbing ladders and walking/standing for extended periods of time
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2 years drafting/designer experience in the structural field
- 1 year Revit and AutoCAD experience
- Experience working on traditional steel and concrete structures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel (estimated travel time is 10%)
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2 years Revit experience
- Experience in the steel mill and/or iron ore production industry
- Experience in general industrial facilities Experience with Navisworks and Bluebeam
- Experience leading a team of Designers
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you’ll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit <web address removed>