Acquiring, developing, financing and managing quality real estate investments since 1982, USAA Real Estate provides superior returns investing across the risk spectrum, with expertise in office, industrial, multi-family, retail and hotel assets. Investing for the USAA membership and aligned with more than one hundred investment partners across the world, we maintain an “Investor First” mindset with a significant co-investment in all programs. As the real estate investment management arm of USAA, a leading financial services company serving military families since 1922, USAA Real Estate has achieved a track record of success living up to the high standards set at USAA and sharing its culture. USAA’s balance sheet puts us in a position of strength – well capitalized to invest in multiple strategies. This is a distinct competitive advantage. USAA Real Estate is headquartered in San Antonio, Texas. www.usrealco.com
The Relationship Manager is responsible for initiating, developing, and managing new and existing investor, consultant and advisor relationships with the intent of attracting new and additional capital commitments to USAA Real Estate’s various platforms. Consistent with the firm’s team-oriented culture, the Relationship Manager will work in close communication and collaboration and with her/his colleagues in the Global Investors Group (GIG). The role also requires regular communication and collaboration with colleagues across the USAA Real Estate organization. The successful candidate will possess the character, personal presence and demeanor to uphold the firm’s core values of Service, Loyalty, Honesty and Integrity and represent USAA Real Estate with enthusiasm and distinction. The position is highly visible both internally and externally.
1. Prepare a strategic business development plan for the specific regional/channel coverage and assume responsibility for all aspects of it implementation in cooperation with the GIG team.
2. Initiate, develop and manage investor, consultant and advisor relationships and continuously engage with those relationships to communicate the investment strategies and performance regarding the offerings of USAA Real Estate platforms.
3. Effectively execute and manage the capital raising process to contribute to achieving the goals and objectives of each fund/strategy sponsored by USAA Real Estate platforms.
4. Develop and maintain a deep and thorough understanding of USAA Real Estate investment capabilities and its competitive positioning in the institutional investment management market.
5. Clearly and openly communicate investor feedback with the GIG team and, as appropriate, other USAA Real Estate colleagues across the platforms.
6. Contribute significantly to the strategic development process of new strategies to potentially be sponsored by USAA Real Estate platforms.
7. Participate in industry functions and share knowledge gained pertaining to investor preferences, capital flows and emerging trends.
8. Assist with special projects and other related duties as may be assigned.
At USAA Real Estate our employees enjoy generous benefits packages including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401k, USAA Membership eligibility, educational and professional designation assistance, business casual dress attire and much more! Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen. The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA Real Estate is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled.
Position Location: South-east Region (Specific location is TBD. Candidate must be willing to relocate)
A minimum of 5 years of experience and a demonstrable track record in raising U.S. capital for institutional real estate investment management strategies in private equity, real estate, or real estate investment banking or serving as a portfolio manager for real estate investment management strategies.
A detailed understanding of real estate structured credit products and / or equity investments is highly advantageous. Understanding core to opportunistic real estate (debt and equity) is key.
A creative and self-motivated individual, able to source and structure capital and sustain growth.
Knowledge of the real estate capital markets (public and private, debt and equity) along with familiarity with various property sectors across the U.S.
Experience with financial analysis, market development, and coordinating with acquisitions, accounting and portfolio management teams to create strategy.
Excellent presentation skills, coupled with polished written and verbal communication skills.
Intelligent, extremely driven and team-oriented, bringing a collaborative approach to client development and management.
A proven ability to work effectively across cultures, functions and geographies. Ability to travel extensively.
Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.
Regularly required to sit for extended periods of time; frequently required to stand, walk, and use business equipment daily such as computer, copier, fax, telephone, etc.; frequently required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 25 lbs.
Ability to handle stress caused by multiple priorities, and other unforeseen situations associated with the organization.
Eyesight and hearing must be correctable to standard level.