Jacobs Technology provides overall management and implementation of ground systems capabilities, flight hardware processing and launch operations at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida. These tasks will support the International Space Station, Ground Systems Development and Operations, and the Space Launch System, Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle and Launch Services programs.
- Perform operations, maintenance, and modifications involving equipment used in processing flight hardware. Be cognizant of system hardware and software and computer controls.
- Develop, plan, and implement system design changes and modifications to improve efficiency, safety, and/or obsolescence issues.
- Conduct system tests, collect and analyze data on equipment performance. Troubleshoot equipment/system anomalies.
- Write operations, maintenance, repair, and special test procedures. Guide technicians through repair procedures and system operations. Perform maintenance tracking and closed-loop accounting of system requirements.
- Coordinate external organizational support for work involving the Launch Complex 39 system.
- Attain system certifications for system and console operations. Ultimately to operate system console for vehicle launch operations.
- Research special tools and instruments for utilization in system operations.
- Support system safety analysis, PVS certifications, FEMA/CIL reviews, risk review boards, Logistics Support Analysis reviews, Problem Resolution Teams, design reviews, Process Hazard Analysis, Engineering Review Boards, and Integrated Operations planning and scheduling meetings.
- Create and execute component and subsystem design verification/acceptance plans and test methods to validate performance to requirements
- Conduct system testing/validation, troubleshooting/investigating equipment failures and interpret analysis data/technical drawings/schematics to resolve anomalies and provide written corrective action.
- Responsible for planning, cost development, management, and scheduling for assigned projects.
- Must have ability to successfully interface with client representatives and manage completion of tasks on schedule and within budget to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Duties may also include oversight of construction activities to validate compliance with contract documents. Must be well organized, extremely flexible and capable of juggling multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Work shall assure that facilities operate in a safe and appropriate manner and comply with all federal, state and local codes/regulations.
- Implement the Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) process to ensure asset design for maintainability and reliability to preserve function and cost effectiveness throughout the asset life cycle. Develop and proactively track metrics to monitor system(s) performance, efficiency, safety, and component/system reliability and obsolescence.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
BS degree in Mechanical engineering from an accredited engineering school plus ten (10) to fourteen (14) years of progressive and relevant experience. Additional relevant education may be substituted for a portion of the experience.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience with Ground Support Equipment (GSE) design, operations and development desired.
- Excellent communication, presentation and customer interface skills required.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively in a team environment.
- Must be able to coordinate work between multiple project disciplines.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects without missing deadlines or sacrificing accuracy
- Must be self-motivated, demonstrate initiative, and be able to work in
- May be required to provide guidance to less experienced engineers.
- Must be able to work independently or with minimal supervision.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, if necessary.
- Will be required to climb stairs in order to access equipment for trouble shooting.
- Will be required to wear hearing protection, eye protection and other associated personal protective equipment.
- Position may involve extended periods of sitting or standing.
- Physical requirements are: sitting, walking, standing, extensive use of stairs, and access to remote structures.
- Position is located on a hazardous testing facility; must be able to quickly evacuate buildings in the event of an emergency.
- Will be required to work inside and outside throughout the test complex.
- Position may require daily individual to travel to different areas on site.
- Walking on uneven terrain including paved areas, gravel/rocks, and dirt/sand is required to access various locations on the facility.
- Climbing ladders and platforms may be necessary.
- All work must be completed in a safe manner in accordance with NASA and Company
- safety standards.
Equipment and Machines
- Computers and printers used for producing reports and schedules.
- Variety of equipment used in testing.
- Full-time regular work hours between Monday-Friday.
- Position may require occasional overtime including weekend work depending on task.
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Shift work may be required.
Other Essential Functions
- Must be able to accurately communicate ideas in writing and verbal communication.
- Must be able to travel to support position requirements. This may include travel to and from customer location, which may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can be made for POV, if necessary.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- Must comply with all drug free workplace requirements as mandated by directives issued by the appropriate federal contracting officer and the company, which requires drug testing for use of illegal drugs by employees in sensitive positions.
- Government security clearance may be required in the future.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit <web address removed>