The Operations and Maintenance Supervisor will act in a working supervisor role, overseeing a maintenance organization up to 12 direct reports across two shifts. Responsible for on-site (field) management of discipline facility, production equipment maintenance & repair and small-scale construction activities in accordance with the requirements of the contract between Jacobs and clients, and in accordance with safe work practices, quality of service, cost control and service delivery standards. The incumbent has some knowledge of specialized foundry production, understands and has experience as a front-line manager and industrial mechanical system operations and maintenance. He/she has a general understanding of the role of the team/ department, and foundry industry practice and standards.
The O&M Supervisor:
- Maintains positive working relationships with clients, architects, engineers, suppliers, subcontractors and jobsite staff.
- Balances activities between managing work and performing industrial mechanical technician maintenance and repair duties.
- Successfully manages multi-discipline and specific Craft activities.
- Assigns work orders and scheduled maintenance activities utilizing CMMS technology.
- Completes the scope of work to the satisfaction of the client, while simultaneously ensuring Jacobs HS&E, compliance quality, financial, risk management; business and policy are adhered to.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of industrial mechanical systems.
- Leads day to day activities of a multi-shift, multi-craft maintenance team with focus on maintaining and repairing foundry production equipment and facility maintenance and operations.
- Manages activity by work orders, utilizing eMaint CMMS application.
- Oversees the cleanliness and organization of the maintenance shop, spare parts and satellite maintenance spaces.
- Possesses the leadership style and ability to grow a high performing, proactive maintenance team.
- Demonstrates absolute commitment and dedication to safe work and employee wellness, therefore modeling safe work and monitoring safety requirements are required.
- Effectively communicates with staff, management and clients, through responsive phone, email and personal interactions
- Minimum of a HS diploma/GED
- Trade school or technical program diploma preferred.
- 4 years of experience (Trade / Forman / Supervision) • Competent user of Microsoft Office applications and CMMS technology.
- Technical training and mentoring experience.
- Supervisor / leadership training and experience.
- Industrial mechanical O&M experience. (Steam Boilers, Chillers, HVAC, Plumbing, Production Equipment Maintenance)
- Connecticut OE-2 Operating Stationary Engineer License
The ideal candidate will have 7-10 years experience and trade school or technical diploma.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit <web address removed>