The Construction Program Manager leads the overall operations as owners representative for multiple client small and large facilities construction projects (TIC $5,000 to $ <phone number removed> ). Primary General Electric Business Unit interface for capital projects. Ultimately responsible and accountable for Jacobs construction contract compliance and performance across the client-specific Program. With oversight of a team of PMs, CMs, HSE (Health, Safety, Environmental), Project Controls, Scheduler, Document Controls staff working in Evendale, OH; Lynn, MA; Newark, DE; Peebles, OH, this role will act as the principle representative to the client for Construction projects, available to the client both on-site and by smart phone communications (email, text, etc.) for emergency response to client critical business needs. Serves as a construction SME, also knowledgeable of client policies, and ensures timely execution of projects. Works face-to-face with senior client representatives and internal program stakeholders to achieve client objectives focusing on supporting client Facilities Project work on time and on budget with a measurable focus on cost savings. Primary responsible party and client point of contact for Jacobs Construction Scope of Work (SOW). Provides leadership to Jacobs employees assigned to the program and is responsible for daily operations and the cohesion and efficient operation of the team. Responsible for driving the client vision of cost-effective capital project work. This leader oversees General Contractor (GC) performance risk to include assessment of existing contractors and drives corrective action as required to achieve safety, quality, delivery, and cost objectives. The Construction Program Manager develops sound, professional relationships with the client Sites supported, client contractors, union personnel and internal Jacobs program support staff. This position develops and streamlines work processes driving efficiency.
Other responsibilities include:
- Fosters and manages strategic relationships with client site clients and contractors to continually enhance program performance management methodology
- Monitors performance metrics related to operations to identify program performance opportunities and risks
- Communicates the vision, mission, and goals of capital projects support to so that activities are aligned with client strategy and direction
- Leads the construction team in effectively responding to a changing support environment (industry, corporate organization, marketplace, people expectations, customer expectations, and suppliers)
- Facilitates the resolution of supplier performance issues related to schedule, budget, quality, warranty, etc.
- Acts as a relationship partner with client and internal program staff by establishing and building open lines of communication to facilitate achievement of mutual objectives.
- Conducts contractors reviews to facilitate on-going contractor performance management; provides strategic and operational groups with a strategic view of their contractors portfolios based on relationship value, enabling improved decisions on further supplier consolidation and leading to further strategic sourcing opportunities
- Oversees general contractor stratification and develops a formal on-going governance process for contractor management
- Responsible for hiring, training and on-boarding/off-boarding of program employees.
- Responsible for team compliance to client policy as applicable.
- Supports other Facilities Management Programs (other than primary client) as necessary.
- Ensure compliance with portfolio wide initiatives, pertaining to the operating of facilities on behalf of the client as owner.
- Provide excellent client management and client customer service.
- Assists client in development of facility capital budgets with the clients goals and objectives addressed for the assigned portfolio.
- Provide monthly/quarterly/annual reporting appropriate for the client, track variances and ensure smooth recovery process within established targets.
- Achieve cost savings through maximizing utilization of preferred vendors/contractors and by identifying additional efficiency opportunities, consistent with client goals.
- Manages the staffing, development, performance and outcomes of assigned team reporting to the position.
- Optimize contractor Scopes of Work prior to issuance of Request for Proposals in order to drive costs down.
- Ensure client satisfaction with construction services by providing a seamless interface into client organization; demonstrate leadership, responsiveness and creativity in delivering services.
- Accountable for the accuracy and timely updates to all systems data utilized for the account process, procedures and metrics.
- Proactively manage all construction services and communication in accordance with account and client standard processes, procedures to ensure superior customer satisfaction and performance levels.
- Bachelors degree in in engineering, or related discipline
- 10 years of experience in Construction Management field
The ideal candidate will also have:
- PMP Certification
- Registered PE
- Working knowledge of mechanical/electrical systems and general building maintenance
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit <web address removed>