This position is not confined to a specific office location. Could be most Jacobs USA office. Responsible for rate proposal preparation, development of cost models, compliance and proposal pricing reviews. CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Works collaboratively with cost volume lead and proposal team members in preparation of high-quality cost models, automated cost forms, and cost narratives, when appropriate; advocating necessary improvements and ensuring compliance with appropriate regulations and all relevant forms, representations, certifications, and applicable cost disclosure statement. Supports the development of pricing using RFP-provided information/estimates, pricing model, proposal structure, and pricing strategy for a variety of contract vehicles (e.g., Labor Hour, Cost Plus, Time and Material, Firm Fixed Price). Complies with Estimating System policy, providing suggestions and recommendations for improvement. Understands and applies guidance/direction contained in: Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Truth-in-Negotiation Act (TINA), Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), and DCMA and DCAA auditing principles. Supports analysis of alternative scenarios for competitive and compliant pricing. Proofs and edits cost narrative documents for accuracy and consistency. Participates in cost review meetings (internal and/or client), as appropriate. Coordinates production of Excel-based cost forms (printing, copying, verifying). Ensures compliance with quality, safety, and BeyondZero program to promote an incident and injury free culture.
- Education and Experience: Bachelors degree plus five (5) years of related experience, or any equivalent combination of relevant education and experience for a total of twelve (12) years.
- Technical: Candidate must have an understanding of the cost analysis process.
- Past experience with the preparation of successful price proposals (e.g., Labor Hour, Cost Plus, Time and Material, Firm Fixed Price) is preferred.
- Additionally, candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly with MS Excel.
- Language: Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English with a strong business background
- Other: Work may be required after hours and on weekends, and sometimes on short notice.
- Must be willing and able to travel.
- Unusual or Special Physical Requirements of Position: Must be able to sit at a computer for extended periods.
- Work Environment: Regular Office/Cubicle environment Equipment and Machines Computer (90%); General Office equipment.
- Attendance: Attendance is critical at all times to ensure response to customer requirements (100%).
- Work, including overtime, may be required after hours and on weekends, and sometimes on short notice.
- Other Essential Functions: Must take and pass a drug test and background check.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance necessary for position.
- Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Must be willing and able to travel as-needed.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit <web address removed>