The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our clients local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Project Summary:The Construction Field Engineer will report to the Area Manager CUP/MEP/Utilities and be responsible for the field oversight of specific program scope elements. The Construction Field Engineer will be responsible for:
- Program construction quality assurance to confirm all work and materials is in accordance with the contract plans, specifications, and established standards of quality
- Review and payment recommendation of pay applications based on field progress
- Construction schedule monthly review
- Review of change orders, recommend issuance of field change orders
- Review documents for potential A/E errors and omissions
- Bachelors degree in Construction Management, architecture or related engineering discipline is required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience on large, complex construction projects required or a minimum of 10 years of experience in construction field positions on large complex construction projects required
- A minimum of 5 years of experience on construction projects at major hub airports preferred
- Extensive experience in installing and commissioning MEP systems required
- Familiar with various contract delivery methods (for example design-bid-build, design-build, and construction manager at risk) required
- Ability and experience to oversee various Construction Plans and Procedures such as: Construction Assurance Plan, Safety Program, Hazard Analysis, Construction Integration Testing and Acceptance Plan is required
- Experience with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) compliance and proceedings, building and environmental regulations and compliance is required
- Must have demonstrated experience interpreting contract drawings and specifications, assisting with resolutions for technical engineering problems with the assigned discipline(s) and coordinating application of the solutions required
- Must be detail oriented and familiar with the Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, interpreting Critical Path Schedules (Primavera 6), and with a Project Management System (Primavera Contract Manager, Prolog or Expedition)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate with the project staff, client, architects, engineers, contractors and other agencies are required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you’ll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit <web address removed>