Jacobs Technology provides overall management and implementation of ground systems capabilities, flight hardware processing and launch operations at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida. These tasks will support the International Space Station, Ground Systems Development and Operations, and the Space Launch System, Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle and Launch Services programs.
- Under minimal supervision, will perform general accounting duties in accordance with GAAP and basic accounting principles.
- Ensure compliance with the requirements of Sarbanes Oxley (SOX), including internal controls testing.
- Reviews entries to the general and subsidiary ledgers to ensure accuracy and compliance with government regulations and JACOBS policies and procedures.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the financial system and general ledger structure
- Ensure an accurate and timely month-end and year-end close.
- Assist with monitoring general ledger account balances through account reconciliation support.
- Support to DCAA with audits.
- Performs various accounting analyses and reconciliations.
- Will assist other functional departments with accounting issues.
- Will perform data pulls from different financial sources, reconcile and validate financial information, compare reports for accuracy and check variance
- Requires excellent time management skills to be able to multi-task without sacrificing accuracy and deadlines, self-motivated, demonstrated initiative and be able to work independently or with minimal supervision.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Successful candidate will have experience in the following:
- Budget planning and forecasting
- Variance analysis
- Financial reporting and analysis
Requires BA or BS in Accounting, Economics, Finance or Business Administration plus a minimum of six (6) years of appropriate and progressive experience; additional relevant education may be substituted for progressive experience.
- Expert level Excel skills required to roll large amount of financial data, perform advance excel functions to support data analysis and report generation.
- Experience working with Excel macros; generating ad-hoc queries and performing what-if scenarios
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft and Jacobs financial systems (JAMIS and JEMS) preferred.
- Excellent communication, presentation and customer interface skills required.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects without missing deadlines or sacrificing accuracy required.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Power Point for presentations and briefings.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, if necessary.
- Position may involve extended periods of sitting or standing.
- Physical requirements are: sitting, walking, standing, extensive use of stairs, and access to remote structures.
- Position is located on a hazardous testing facility; must be able to quickly evacuate buildings in the event of an emergency.
- Work will mainly be done inside, but fieldwork can be a combination of outside and inside depending on the project.
- Working at heights and in confined spaces may be required.
- Walking on uneven terrain including paved areas, gravel/rocks, and dirt/sand is required to access various locations on the facility.
- Climbing ladders and platforms will be necessary.
- All work must be completed in a safe manner in accordance with NASA and Company safety standards.
Equipment and Machines
- Computers and printers used for producing reports and schedules.
- Variety of equipment used in testing.
- Full-time regular work hours between Monday-Friday.
- Position may require occasional overtime including weekend work depending on task.
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Shift work may be required.
Other Essential Functions
- Must be able to accurately communicate ideas in writing and verbal communication.
- Must be able to travel to support position requirements. This may include travel to and from customer location, which may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can be made for POV, if necessary.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- Must comply with all drug free workplace requirements as mandated by directives issued by the appropriate federal contracting officer and the company, which requires drug testing for use of illegal drugs by employees in sensitive positions.
- Government security clearance may be required in the future.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Jacobs is a drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit <web address removed>