Are you passionate about human space exploration or understanding the origins of the universe, and working with a dynamic and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you!
We need your commitment, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire humans all over the globe. We need you to bring innovative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will benefit the quality of life of people around the world. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on new challenges for NASAs pursuits in deep space exploration. Jacobs is NASAs largest engineering solutions provider working alongside NASA at centers across the United States.
We have the unique and significant role to partner with NASA at Johnson Space Center (JSC), to be part of every human spaceflight program the International Space Station (ISS), NASAs Orion spacecraft, which will carry astronauts into deep space, and Gateway, the orbiting platform providing the home for astronauts to work and travel back and forth to the moons surface, and serving as the platform for deep space exploration. From critical systems on the ISS to enable astronauts to live and work in space; to performing advanced development for systems leading to deep space exploration; to being part of the foundation for Gateway.
We also partner with NASA at JSC, the only NASA center in the United States to curate all astromaterial samples returned from exploration missions, to perform curation services, orbital debris analysis, and basic research to further humankinds understanding of the origins of our solar system.
We need you to be a part of our team!
We are currently in need of a Structures Test Laboratory Technical Lead to join our team with MTS, a JETS teammate company. Do you have the following skills?
As a Structures Test Laboratory Technical Lead you will:
- Lead a team of Structural Dynamic and Static Test Engineers and technicians in the testing of space hardware and support systems supporting the Structural Engineering Division at Johnson Space Center and all the current major NASA programs.
- Support and promote managements vision and direction.
- Provide strategic and functional oversight of the Structures Test Laboratory to ensure the successful testing of and product delivery for structural dynamics and statics qualification, acceptance, and engineering evaluation tests for NASA flight hardware and non-flight hardware to satisfy NASA system requirements.
- Understand and implement the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) for all represented employees.
- Develop and implement a clear method to communicate project status of ongoing activities to customers and management.
- Maintain customer-coordinated expected schedules along with prioritizing activities.
- Manage facility infrastructure upgrade projects.
- Maintain credibility and good customer rapport, as required, to perform successfully as the Structures Test Laboratory Technical Lead.
- Develop and implement training plans and programs.
- Adhere to appropriate safety, quality, and environmental practice, as well as business ethics practices.
- Develop recovery plans and corrective actions to overcome challenges.
- Overcome off-nominal conditions and adverse situations while ensuring test engineers are keeping tests and projects on schedule and budget.
- Work shifts outside of normal business hours and on weekends, as required, to support customer project schedules.
- Develop and maintain an environment that promotes ownership at the lowest possible level; provide the authority to those to ensure success and insist on accountability.
- Perform other duties as required.
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and a minimum of fourteen (14) years of direct engineering experience, or a MS degree from an accredited engineering school and twelve (12) years of direct engineering experience, or Ph.D. degrees and nine (9) years direct engineering experience.
- Must have proven experience exemplifying strong leadership qualities and exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability and desire to take charge of situations under adverse conditions.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace, or Structural Engineering or Engineering Technology preferred.
- Experience in vibration and/or static loads testing is preferred.
- Experience in coupled loads analysis (CLA) and/or structural dynamics analysis (random vibration, modal, acoustics, transient) is a plus.
- Prior experience with project planning, scheduling as well as post-test data processing and compilation of post test data packages is preferred.
- Experience with Spectral Dynamics JAGUAR Shaker Control and Analysis systems and Bruel & Kjaer (B&K) data acquisition systems and or AERO ST load control systems is a plus.
- Experience with Nastran, IDEAS, and MATLAB or other similar analysis tools is a plus.
- A background in testing, and/or in working in a demanding, high visibility work environment is desirable.
Why Work on Our Team? Click on the below links to view just a small sample of all that we do! Come join our team and be part of our future. We look forward to seeing you! See What We Do Jacobs Aerospace Solutions Overview
(Please view in Chrome or Microsoft Edge) In addition to exciting career opportunities we also have:
- Excellent personal and professional career growth
- 9/80 work schedule (every other Friday off)
- Onsite cafeteria (breakfast & lunch)
- Comprehensive Benefit Package (medical, dental & vision)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Much, much more!
For more information on our partnership with NASA at Johnson Space Center, please visit <web address removed>
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which this position has been advertised.
Essential Functions Work Environment
Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task. Physical Requirements
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs (5% of time). Equipment and Machines
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.). Attendance
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required. Other Essential Functions
Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit <web address removed>