Jacobs is one of the worlds largest and most diverse providers of full-spectrum technical, professional and construction services for industrial, commercial and government organizations globally. The company employs over 74,000 people and operates in more than 40 countries around the world.
We are seeking qualified Helpdesk Specialist to support the 53rd Wing Technical Support Services (53rd WTSS) contract that provides the Air Force support services in the areas of network, security, and test & evaluation. Position will be located at Eglin AFB, FL and will support the 53rd Computer Systems Squadron Mission Support Center (CSS MSC).
The successful candidate will provide analytical techniques and procedures in support of clients, systems and networks and consult with users to determine hardware, software and system functionality. Additional duties/responsibilities will include:
- Will provide overall network, user, and systems support and will be identify, prioritize, and resolve reported issues and problems, to include creating network user accounts and the setup/configuration of email
- Will serve as helpdesk support, field user calls, determine level of support, and escalate/distribute those calls accordingly e.g. to Tier 2 or Tier 3, as needed.
- Will provide support and troubleshooting to users in the areas of account management, enterprise resources application, server administration, networking, and applications.
- Will provide troubleshooting and problem resolution for software, hardware, and communications issues related to supported computer workstation systems and applications.
- Will perform security patching (analyzing, documenting and taking corrective action for any issues) and system audit collection and perform continuous system monitoring and analysis to ensure optimal systems, network, and user operation.
- Will provide hardware/software installation and testing.
- Available to perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have TS/SCI with DCID 6/4 eligibility within 5.5 years at the time of application. * Must be willing to submit to a CI polygraph.
- A valid/current DoD 8570.01-M IAT-II certification (Security CE or better).
- 1 years of help desk experience diagnosing and resolving technical problems with both software and hardware.
- Must be able to provide onsite and remote technical support with an emphasis on hardware, connectivity and application issues.
- Must also possess problem solving skills, excellent understanding of desktop operating systems, networking principles and MS applications.
- Must understand information assurance and interact with security personnel on issues related to system security and provide sound information assurance guidance as required. In addition to these responsibilities, Must have strong communication skills.
- Desktop/Support certifications are a plus.
- An AA degree in a computer science or similar discipline from an accredited college.
Essential Functions Work Environment Office setting that includes sedentary physical effort. However, may include lifting of weight up to thirty (30) pounds as necessary. Must be able to work well with co-workers and all levels of management. No hazards on job or unusualenvironmental conditions. Periodic/occasional travel may be required to include both continental US and/or overseas locations. Physical Requirements Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing, and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distance may be required. Equipment and Machines Ability to operate office equipment such as personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work related tools as required. Attendance Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important, but not critical, except for deadlines and meetings. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines. Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements. Other Essential Functions Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Independent personal transportation to work site is required. Travel to and from customer’s locations may be required to support projects. This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary. When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion.
The Jacobs System Lifecycle Group (SLG) enables the success of Department of Defense (DOD) and other Governmental organizations by providing unmatched systems life-cycle solutions. As a partner to our clients, we focus on innovative and cutting edge solutions that drive value. We take pride in sustaining a strong culture by remaining true to our three Core Values: We are a Relationship-based, Growth is an Imperative, and People Are Our Greatest Asset. Jacobs offers a partnership in which you can grow personally and professionally with the advantages of strong leadership, competitive compensation and rewarding career paths. Come join the team whose work is destined to have a long-range effect on future generations. #cjpost
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Jacobs does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by country, regional, or local law.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit <web address removed>