Insituform Technologies LLC, an Aegion Company, is looking for an experienced Fabricator/ Combustion Engine Mechanic.
Insituform Technologies LLC, is a leading worldwide provider of cured-in place pipe (CIPP) and other technologies and services for the rehabilitation of pipeline systems. Insituforms businesses consist of sewer, drinking water and energy and mining pipeline rehabilitation and protection. The Company provides cost-effective solutions to remediate operational, health, regulatory and environmental problems resulting from aging and defective pipelines. Insituforms technologies allow its customers to avoid the extraordinary expense and extreme disruption that can result from traditional ‘dig and replace’ methods.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Fabricates various structural equipment from blue prints and work orders.
- Welding, fabrication, rigging, lifting of heavy dangerous objects in a safe manner, use of fork lifts, use of scissors lifts, use of cutting equipment, torch, plasma saw, assembly and painting of projects as well as general repair and maintenance of shop equipment
- Completes and submits shop work orders, rework, miscellaneous sheets to update individual utilization reports on a daily basis or as required
- Build assembly and wiring of electrical components on equipment and machines including wireway and conduit runs.
- Diagnoses cause of electrical or mechanical malfunction or failure of operational equipment, and performs preventative and corrective maintenance
- Communicates the work schedule to the customer as required.
- Mechanically and electronically equipment.
- Directly supports field crews in troubleshooting equipment
- Move parts and heavy frames on and off machinery and throughout the facility.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED or diploma from a technical school is required.
- 3+ years of hands on experience with Fabrication/Welding and troubleshooting required
- 3+ years with utility construction experience and mechanical experience preferred.
- A working knowledge of fabrication methods and equipment to include: various saws, portaband, vertical & horizontal bands, milling & drilling machines, metal shear, metal lathe, sanders/grinders, power punch press, hand & power benders, rolling machine, hand brake and various power hand tools, drills, etc. is required
- Proven knowledge of the American Welding Society welding symbols and codes.
- Ability to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals is required.
- Strong communication skills and be able to use independent judgment and initiative to complete projects on a timely and safe basis.
- Qualifications to perform DOT inspections, highly preferred.
- Must possess a valid forklift operators license
- 25% travel by car and airplane required
- Walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, crouch, bend, reach, and stretch
- Use of hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; talk and hear without visual cues
- Kneel and crawl on concrete floor
- Ability to visibly inspect, read, and interpret blueprints and fabrication drawings
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 50 lbs, 75 lbs on occasion.
Insituform Technologies, LLC offers Competitive Salary with a full benefits package including Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Matching 401k, Tuition Assistance, and much more, as well as the opportunity for growth within an expanding worldwide company.
Aegion Corporation and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.