Are you interested in a position that is challenging and innovative? For over 75 years, Oil States Industries, Inc. has been a highly respected technology and solutions pioneer manufacturing diverse products for offshore platforms, subsea pipelines, defense,
and general industrial applications worldwide.
Oil States recognizes that our diverse workforce is our greatest asset. We offer a competitive pay package, including an annual incentive bonus program for all employees. When we contribute to the companys success, we all win.
Employees enjoy paid time off including vacation, holiday and sick time; 401(k) plans with company match; and a tuition reimbursement program. Our healthcare programs include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long- and short-term disability insurance,
and flexible spending accounts.
Sounds pretty great, doesnt it? Come join our team!
Oil States is currently looking for qualified candidates for the position of Test Technician III.
With minimal supervision, the Test Tech III must perform tasks specified by the Test Manager/Supervisor or Test Tech Lead. This may include set-up, instrumentation, controls and data acquisition for all tests activities including training of other technicians
as necessary to support these requests. The technician will also be responsible for programming of test control and data acquisition systems through programmable logic controllers and LabVIEW. This person must be able to solve technical issues regarding electrical,
hydraulic and control parameters in a timely manner. The Test Tech III will report directly to the Manager and also take direction from the Test Tech Lead.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• With minimal supervision, perform the following tasks
o Review test procedures, safety hazards and conformance requirements on all test activities
o Instrumentation setup and installation
o Test hardware assembly and set-up
o Test equipment operation including control software
o Read blueprints and schematics
o Troubleshooting electro-mechanical systems
• Provide support to other test technicians as necessary to support test activities
• Familiarity, both in use and programming, with logic control software such as Lab View
• Assist in the modification and enhancement of test equipment and methods to support future test activities
• Data reduction, database maintenance and record keeping
• Use of spreadsheets, word processing and other general computing skills
• Responsible for maintaining clean work environment
• Customer interface will be required
• Associate Degree with at least 5 years of related experience or a High School diploma or equivalent with at least 7 years of related experience
• Self-reliant, able to conduct work with minimal supervision
• Detailed oriented with excellent observation and awareness skills in interpreting test results
• Good verbal and written communication skills along with proficiency in mathematics
• Fundamental understanding of elastomer components and behavior of elastomers required
• Some moderate to heavy lifting up to 50 pounds may be required
• Exposure to chemical and hazardous waste
• Occasional bending with prolonged standing and/or sitting
• Some reaching, bending, stepping, pushing and pulling may be required
• Pushing and pulling weight loaded on carts or pallet jacks could be 50-100 pound
• Some outdoor work in extreme weather elements (cold and heat)
We may also consider candidates for a lower level position depending on the experience and qualifications of the candidate and the needs of the business.
By contractual requirements, the project and job location for this position requires that all persons establish proof of US Citizenship. Dual Citizenship (US citizenship and citizenship of some other country) requires additional approval and may have special
restrictions. You will be required to provide original or certified copies of documents establishing your citizenship prior to consideration for this position. Documents include:
• Unexpired US Passport or Passport Card containing pictures and verification for Dept. of State (DOS) of citizenship
• Native American Tribunal document
• Unexpired US Citizenship Identification Card issued by DOS (formI-197 or I-179)
• Naturalized Certificate issued by Immigration Service with picture
• Unexpired Picture ID along with:
o US Birth Certificate original or certified copy
o Certificate of Birth Abroad issued by US Dept. of State original or certified copy
Be part of whats next at Oil States Industries, Inc.!
Over 75 years in business
An Equal Opportunity Employer