Aegion Corporation is looking for a Staff Internal Auditor based out of our Chesterfield, Missouri headquarters.
Aegion Corporation and its family of companies shield and protect the world’s infrastructure from degradation and corrosion with a variety of technologies. Aegion’s businesses comprise sewer, drinking water and energy and mining pipeline rehabilitation and corrosion protection for and strengthening of bridges, tunnels, buildings, waterfront, metal and concrete structures. Our companies provide cost-effective solutions to remediate operational, health, regulatory and environmental problems resulting from aging and defective pipelines and infrastructure. For more information, visit <web address removed>.
The Staff Auditor works as a member of the Internal Audit department to review activities in assigned areas to determine the nature of operations and the adequacy of the system of controls to achieve Company objectives.
- Conduct internal audits in accordance with IIA Standards
- Assess risk and develop a comprehensive, practical program of audit to cover those risks for assigned areas and processes
- Prepare audit work papers that include relevant testing, discussions and conclusions, including proper support
- Clearly communicate (both written and verbally) audit findings and pursue effective and timely corrective action plans with management
- Identify internal controls and support preparation of required SOX documentation
- Identify areas of potential operational improvements and provide value-added recommendations
- Assist external auditors with quarterly and/or year-end testing
- Review activities in assigned areas to determine the nature of operations and the adequacy of the system of controls to achieve Company objectives
- BA/BA is required. MBA a plus.
- Preferred years of relevant work experience 1-3 years
- CIA, CPA or other professional certification preferred
- General understanding of GAAP and FASB accounting standards
- Familiar with internal audit concepts, practices and procedures
- Knowledgeable of financial reporting and internal controls including Section 404, with an ability to identify best practices
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (SharePoint, Excel, Word and PowerPoint) with experience in JD Edwards and ACL Analytics a plus
- Strong people and communication skills
- Travel expectation is approximately 20-30%
Our company offers a competitive salary with career growth opportunities and a full benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, matching 401k, tuition assistance, paid vacation and holiday time, and much more.
Aegion Corporation and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
VEVRAA compliant priority referral Protected Veterans requested