McDermott has an immediate openingfor a Principal Proposals Specialist in Houston, TX. The Principal ProposalsSpecialist Interfaces with all functions including but not limited to AreaCommercial, Estimating, Various Area Managements/ Area functions, ProjectManagement, Engineering, Procurement, Subcontracts, Fabrication, Construction,Marine Installation, Hook Up and Commissioning, Consortium or JV Partner, QHSE,Legal, Finance, Senior Management, EXCOM, Customer / Client
- Ensures that Area and Executivemanagement received the correct information on in-progress as well asoutstanding tenders so that the most informed decisions can be madeoperationally.
- Reviews tender documents includingdetailed review of the Instructions to Tenderers, Scope of Work, key contractdates, commercial price forms and terms of payment, as a minimum.
- Co-chairs bid kick-off meetings, andschedules progress meetings as required.
- Ensures the bid development and bidinputs remain in accordance with the Capture Plan strategies developed inadvance (or as subsequently revised).
- Monitors bid support budgets and advisesProposals Manager of any potential for overrun.
- Establishes the bid schedule andcommunicates requirements to all departments providing proposal inputs.
- Updates schedules as required asrequired in the event of extension being granted.
- Monitors progress of the biddingactivity and highlights concerns to the Proposals Manager.
- Sets up and maintains a clarificationregister to log and monitor all pre- and post-bid correspondence.
- Reviews and identifies anyinconsistencies in the Invitation to Tender documents and, if necessary, seekclarification from the customer.
- Coordinates input, issues requests forclarification and distributes clarification responses and Bid Addenda asreceived from the customer and includes summary of matters addressed in thesame when feasible.
- Reviews bid inputs and check that thereare no errors, inconsistencies, oversights, and that the execution plan inputsare in accordance with the Capture Plan strategies.
- Expedites input to ensure that thebidding schedule is not jeopardized.
- Reviews regularly the proposal documentto ensure that the requirements of the customer are fully satisfied in terms offormat, content and consistency.
- Compiles the proposal document intendedfor submission to the customer.
- Ensures that the relevant general manager(or his assigned delegate) has approved inputs that are used in the final bid.
- Prepares technical/commercialqualifications.
- Prepares all reports and bid reviewpackages as defined in the procedure document to satisfy Management bid reviewrequirements.
- Ensures the correct deliveryarrangements have been made and confirmed in advance as required.
- Assists with client negotiations.
- Promotes a culture of teamwork,collaboration and success. Learns from other leaders.
- Develops and maintains a positive relationshipwith internal functions and clients.
Has accountability for timely bidsubmission.
- May have bottom-line accountability forthe financial and technical success of the bid or area of bid responsibility.
Challenge Skill Set:
- Challenge technical input from allfunctions:
- Project Management solution
- Engineering solution
- Procurement and Subcontracts solution
- Site Construction solution.
- Challenge the associated pricing of theabove deliverables.
- Consider any commercial implications of:
- Pricing forms.
- Legal qualifications
- Commercial qualifications
- Technical qualifications
- Minimum of 7 years of offshore project execution in an EPC company.
- Experience with proposal development is highly desired.
- Ability to effectively communicate with team members and management.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access)
McDermott is a premier,fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutionsto the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trustedMcDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technologysolutionsfrom the wellhead to the storage tankto transport and transform oiland gas into the products the world needs today.