As a Staff Attorney at Penumbra, you will provide pragmatic, business-oriented advice to key department stakeholders in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You will have the chance to utilize your keen analytical skills to develop creative solutions to problems and further the company’s mission of saving patients lives.
What You’ll Work On
- Communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally, to convey legal issues and possible outcomes.
- Draft, negotiate and finalize a wide variety of contracts, including non-disclosure agreements, international distribution agreements, vendor agreements, clinical trial agreements and commercial sales agreements.
- Support Company management on compliance with laws relating to the health care field, including Medicare laws and regulations, the Anti-kickback Statute, HIPAA and other data protection laws.
- Provide pragmatic, business-oriented advice to key department stakeholders in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Utilize your keen analytical skills to develop creative solutions to problems.
- Assist with legal research, healthcare and corporate compliance issues as they arise.
- Work with the larger Legal team to support process improvement endeavors, including creating templates, playbooks and negotiation guidelines, and helping with knowledge management.
What You Bring
- Strong contract drafting and negotiation experience.
- J.D. and admission to the state bar, registration as in-house counsel, or ability to gain admission or registration within 90 days.
- 3+ years of relevant legal experience.
- Excellent communication skills and strong client management skills.
- Ability to process a high volume of work and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a can-do attitude.
- Proactive, strategic and thoughtful problem-solving ability.
- Experience working in-house at a life sciences company or another company in a highly regulated industry is preferred.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally from time to time, as required.
What We Offer
- A collaborative teamwork environment where learning is constant and performance is rewarded.
- The opportunity to be at the forefront of technology that is revolutionizing the treatment of some of the world’s most devastating diseases.
- A generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; a 401(k) match; and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Penumbra, Inc., headquartered in Alameda, California, is a global healthcare company focused on innovative therapies. Penumbra designs, develops, manufactures and markets novel products and has a broad portfolio that addresses challenging medical conditions in markets with significant unmet need. Penumbra sells its products to hospitals and healthcare providers primarily through its direct sales organization in the United States, most of Europe, Canada and Australia, and through distributors in select international markets. The Penumbra logo is a trademark of Penumbra, Inc.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
If you reside in the State of California, please also refer to Penumbras Privacy Notice for California Residents.
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.