The Member Services Representative is responsible for providing exemplary customer service to all members, callers, volunteers and visitors to the Scott County Family Y while adhering to Welcome Center Best Practices at all times.
1. Serve as a role model to members and Y staff and live the YMCA mission, vision and values of the YMCA movement at all times.
2. Responsible for ensuring that Welcome Center best practices are followed at all times.
3. Greet all individuals entering the facility in a welcoming manner and direct them
to the appropriate person/location accordingly.
4. Monitor facility access by properly checking Y membership and class/program entry
5. Model and enforce facility policies and put the Y mission in action.
6. Attend all Welcome Center and other required staff meetings and/or trainings.
7. Perform switchboard duties by answering all incoming calls/messages and routing to the appropriate staff.
8. Receive and process payment for membership and program sales, locker rentals, and
other cash transactions while practicing proper cash handling procedures.
9. Responsible for issuance of membership cards, occasional member mailings, and
providing exceptional facility tours.
10. Keep reception and lobby areas clean, orderly and attractive.
11. Perform clerical and other similar duties as assigned by management staff.
12. Must assist and be available to fill in as needed at the Welcome Center when other staff
are unavailable to work.
13. Reports member and visitor comments, suggestions, complaints, concerns, and problems
to the Branch Executive in a timely manner.
14. Maintain a positive attitude and communicate in a professional manner when
interacting with members, staff and program participants.
15. Participate in and solicit others to participate in necessary YMCA financial development efforts, specifically the Annual Campaign.
16. Maintain certifications listed under Certificates and Other Requirements and work toward
obtaining further/advanced certifications when available for personal career
17. Adherence to all policies and procedures of Scott County Family Y.
18. Understand and follow all safety rules and regulations including knowledge of emergency
procedures and location of emergency equipment.
19. Regular and timely adherence to respective schedule/meetings.
20. All other duties as assigned by the Branch Executive.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Prior experience handling monetary transactions preferred.
3. Previous customer service experience required.
4. Working knowledge of computer systems and programs preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Must be able to pass background check
2. CPR /AED/First Aid Certification*
3. Must be able to pass SCFY Cash Handling and CCC database training.
*Note: If not currently certified, must obtain certification within 30 days of hire. All the above
certification training programs are available atSCFY if not currently certified.
Must be able to stand and or sit for at least 4 hours at a time every day. Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds occasionally. Possess the ability to walk and climb stairs and be capable of navigating through the facility. Must be able to reach with hands and arms and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and/or hear.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment can vary from quiet to moderate during office hours and moderate to loud during event hours. This position works in a combined environment of office setting and fitness facility. This position can work varied hours depending upon status.
BENEFITS: Part time employees enjoy a free individual Y membership and participation in the Y retirement program! (must meet hourly eligibility requirements)
PAY RATE: $10.00/hour
Need to be available M-F 4am-9am and rotating weekend coverage as needed. Typically will work 2-3 days per week. Approximate start date: August 19th
Job Posted by ApplicantPro