WE= unlimited potential
We didn’t get to be a leader in energy delivery or ranked on the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations index on our own. We did it in partnership with outstanding individuals who work together as a team to fuel people’s quality of life. Individuals like you. And now we’re looking for just such an individual to join our team.
To learn more about us, visit www.enbridge.com.
This requisition will remain open until filled; however, consideration will be given to applicants in order of application date.
Under the direction of the Associate General Counsel, the Senior Legal Counsel actively participates in the U.S. legal affairs of Enbridge’s U.S. interstate natural gas pipeline business unit. Provides advice and guidance on all U.S. legal matters affecting interstate natural gas, as well as OCSLA. Assist with compliance and guidance with FERC’s Standards of Conduct.
- Review, draft, and negotiate various natural gas transportation and gathering agreements, preliminary agreements including MOUs and precedent agreements, OBAs, interconnection agreements, and other related agreements. Work closely with commercial and transportation services departments.
- Work closely with Enbridge’s interstate gas regulatory personnel, regulated asset management team, and outside counsel on interstate natural gas regulatory pipeline transportation matters, such as:
- Review FERC orders, prepare responsive documents, and implement plans to enable compliance with regulatory rules and applicable laws, and advise internal clients on FERC issues.
- Ensure company compliance with FERC regulations, including the Standards of Conduct.
- Secure requisite regulatory authorization for pending projects, including FERC filings as necessary.
- Participates in developing pleadings and discovery documents in various cases, including FERC hearings, certificate applications, tariff revisions, and other matters.
- Draft routine documents and conduct legal research on FERC issues
- Regulatory reporting compliance.
- Tariff interpretation, revision, and compliance.
- Provide management with recommended changes to company policy due to regulatory changes.
- Maintain effective communications with all departments seeking advice on legal matters.
- Minimum of 8 years of progressively more responsible legal experience in several of the substantive areas of practice.
- J.D. from ABA accredited law school.
- A member in good standing of the Bar of at least one state in which Enbridge Inc. conducts business.
- Experience representing FERC regulated interstate natural gas pipelines.
- Highly developed skills including issue identification, analysis and resolution through supervision, coordination and use of internal and external staff and counsel.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with a commitment to customer service and team work.
- Self-directed with ability to quickly assimilate role, responsibilities and organization culture.
- Word processing capabilities.
- Well developed knowledge of pipeline operations.
- Duel licensure in Texas and Louisiana a plus.
- Experience with oil pipelines along with gas pipelines a plus.
- Familiartity with:
- NGA Section 4 rate and tariff proceedings
- NGA Section 7 certificate proceedings
- FERC audit proceedings
- Judicial appeals related to FERC proceedings
- Advising clients on FERC compliance issues
- Advising clients on permitting issues related to FERC certificate proceedings
- Advising clients on structuring transportation/storage transactions
- Advising clients on structuring pipeline-related joint venture transactions
- Drafting preliminary agreements (e.g., Precedent Agreements, CAs, MOUs, LOIs, JDAs)
- Drafting FERC Gas Tariffs
- Drafting FERC certificate applications
- Drafting transportations service agreements and all related agreements
- Drafting transportation-related discount and negotiated rate agreements
- Drafting capacity lease agreements
- Drafting joint venture agreements
We accept applications submitted via our online recruiting system only (https: careers.enbridge.com).
Enbridge is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to provide employment opportunities to all individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting careersenbridge.com.
We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Final candidates for this position may be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check.