Join a dynamic legal team working on a variety of innovative legal issues across the entire company. Twitch is seeking a motivated lawyer to lead the Global Content Business and Legal Affairs team, and serve as a key voice in the room providing advice to Twitch’s content acquisition and creative development/production teams (as well as other business teams) on video programming, talent relations, sports, news, television and music content issues.
Tackle topics such as complex talent negotiation for high profile streamers, video and video game exhibition, and intellectual property that arise out of the operation and growth of a global UGC service. Leverage good judgment and a strong business sense to assist Partnerships, Business Development, New Verticals, Esports, Marketing and other teams to develop thoughtful strategies towards engaging with the Twitch community and the creative community as a whole.
You will lead a small but growing legal team working on varied legal issues across the entire company. You will direct and oversee the delivery of business and legal advice on the content that appears on Twitch, and develop a strong team of effective legal professionals.
- Participate in business term development, and negotiation of complex transactions for the exhibition of video programming and music, including esports and other content
- Guide development of talent relations strategies for emerging and established streamers, esports athletes, and other talent.
- Provide business and legal advice for the development and production of original programming at Twitch, including Twitch original series, esports, and featured events
- Develop and maintain terms that affect the wide range of active UGC providers on Twitch (e.g., Affiliates, Partners), including service agreement terms, and advice for Community Guidelines and TOS
- Support the execution of Twitch’s content strategy through the leadership of a team of legal professionals
- Collaborate with other members of the legal team to ensure business needs are met and to improve processes
- 15+ years of relevant legal experience at a leading law-firm and/or in-house experience, ideally in a digital entertainment business
- Substantial experience negotiating complex entertainment transactions, and the development of business models for the exploitation of video programming; experience in a variety of exhibition windows and models preferred, with an emphasis on digital and television
- Substantial experience negotiating with talent, including services agreements, sponsorship and endorsement arrangements, and appearance agreements
- A solid understanding of general product and policy concerns for the entertainment industry
- An experienced team leader, ready to drive results and develop successful legal professionals
- JD and excellent academic credentials
- California Bar admission in good standing (or Registered In-House Counsel status with California State Bar)
- Knowledge and understanding of Twitch
- Strong interpersonal skills and collegial attitude, especially able to develop strong working relationships within the legal team; a collaborative, team player who likes to work with others to get the job done
- Demonstrated experience with digital video/entertainment services and experience with the videogame industry is a plus
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.