- Providing advice, support as well as drafting and negotiating international (multi-country) commercial services contracts in line with the uniform TMF Group templates and TMF Group policies.
- Working with TMF Group’s Global Sales Team to support commercial services international (multi-country) contract negotiations.
- Liaising with, service line, bid-management and other stakeholders within TMF Group with respect to international (multi-country) commercial services contracts.
- Provide advice, support as well as drafting and negotiating subcontracting agreements, non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements and other agreements.
- Provide advice and support in relation to existing contracts and provide support in the event of any disputes.
- Development and implementing uniform general contract terms and conditions, contract templates etc. in close cooperation with Group Legal commercial contracting team.
- Supporting the Senior Legal Counsel Commercial Contracting in setting up and contributing to the goals and projects of the Group Legal commercial contracting team.
- Assist in developing training materials and provide training to the business on relevant topics such as the contracting process, uniform general contract terms and conditions, contract templates etc.
- Ensure consistent contract management by following the internal approval/gateway procedures.
- Updating and maintaining Group Legal data bases for international (multi-country) contracts and other agreements.
- Understand the business needs and assist in translating this into relevant contract provisions.
- Exercise independent judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions in contract negotiations.
- Strong business acumen.
- Engages and builds credibility with influential individuals both internally and externally.
- Ability to create your own network, both internally and externally.
- Puts colleagues / clients at the center of everything they do to ensure a positive experience.
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and as part of the team.
- Acts with integrity.
- Ability to strongly negotiate, defend legal position and exercise good judgement in commercial negotiation.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage deadlines, in a high velocity, rapidly evolving and demanding work environment.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to develop, channel and maintain strong working relationships with demanding internal and external clients, ability to deal with cultural differences in negotiations.
- Availability to travel.
- Juris doctorate (J.D.) from an accredited law school in the US with a preference for a Bar admission, preferably New York, Delaware or Florida.
- Significant experience drafting and negotiating professional services contracts in a law firm or international company.
- Preferably an affinity with professional outsourcing services
- Good understanding of International Private Law.
- Strong inter-personal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication in English and preferably Spanish.