We are seeking an attorney with six (6) or more years of experience to be part of a team that provides product counseling and transactional support for EA’s game teams. You will act as front-line product counsel for the Madden and NBA game teams, among others, as well as negotiate and draft, and provide guidance on business strategies and risks related to commercial transactions. This position may be based at our offices in Vancouver, BC, Los Angeles, CA or Seattle, WA.
What a Senior Legal Counsel (Products) does at EA:
- Acts as front-line product counsel for game teams, providing guidance on the legal and regulatory aspects of game development, beginning with early stage game development through live services and ultimately delisting/sunset of game titles.
- Provides commercial transactional support for game teams, which includes drafting and negotiation of commercial agreements (e.g., game-specific marketing agreements, technology and content license agreements) and guidance regarding the interpretation of these agreements, considering legal, business and relationship risks.
- Develops strong partnerships with game teams and legal colleagues.
The next great Senior Legal Counsel (Products) needs:
- B.A/B.S., J.D. degree and California or Washington State Bar membership required.
- Six (6) or more years of relevant experience, either in-house and/or at a top-tier law firm. Prior experience advising product development teams in the consumer or technology space is desired.
- Working knowledge of privacy, ecommerce, intellectual property, consumer protection, advertising, and marketing laws and regulations.
- Strong drafting and negotiation skills along with excellent communication skills, business judgment and strategic thinking.
- Comfortable and adept at balancing legal risk and thinking creatively to propel the business forward and enable smart decisions.