To implement continuing program of legal services, including legal and strategic advice and counsel, for designated MBOs. The Corporate Counsel shall also serve on or assist the Legal Services Group in developing legal products and/or performing legal services for the CHI Healthcare System as a whole.
Provide direct legal support services to designated MBOs, including preparation, review, and revision of physician, hospital, and vendor contracts, MBO-specific policies, and other MBO documents with legal implications.
Provide legal advice and counsel to MBO management, MBO medical staff leadership, MBO boards, and CHI national staff with respect to corporate, operational, and physician-related matters.
Evaluate and furnish legal strategic advice and participate in strategic development of designated MBOs through attendance at appropriate board and management meetings.
Manage and evaluate outside legal counsel serving designated MBOs on matters referred to such outside counsel.
Participate, as appropriate, in Resource Groups, Task Forces, and/or Solution Teams.
Perform other duties as assigned by managing attorney or other CHI LSG senior team members.
Job Requirements & Qualifications
Education / Accreditation / Licensure (required & preferred):
- J.D. or L.L.B. awarded by an ABA accredited law school.
Experience (required and preferred):
- License to practice in one or more states.
- Minimum of five years experience as legal counsel in the healthcare industry relating to clinical legal issues either in private legal practice or as an in-house counsel to a hospital health system.
- Provide professional responsibilities in a manner consistent with the philosophy, mission, and values of CHI.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Health professional education, experience, and/or equivalent.
- Decision-making skills and judgment to ensure that MBO activities maximize benefits to the MBO Groups and CHI Healthcare System and those activities are conducted in accordance with CHI Mission and Core Values and the ERDs.
- Ability to ensure the effective use of in-house and outside legal resources to accomplish tasks, resolve legal issues, and achieve cost effectiveness; ability to provide comparison of outside attorneys in order to evaluate performance and to create uniformly high expectations.
- The skills required to work in a matrix organization. Strong interpersonal skills that build effective working relationships with CHI leadership, staff, and other CHI Groups, Task Forces, and Teams.
- Requisition ID: 2018-R0168887
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Market: Catholic Health Initiatives – National Office