Smile Brands, a Glassdoor Top 25 Best Place to Work, is seeking a Corporate Counsel to join our growing team in Irvine! This vital role will provide legal support to the business with a strong emphasis on negotiating strategic vendor/supplier contracts, provider agreements, as well as providing legal advice and counseling to internal clients. The Corporate Counsel will also be responsible for assisting the Associate General Counsel with corporate governance and mergers and acquisitions. This position will report to the Associate General Counsel.
The responsibilities listed below are representative, but not limited to the knowledge and skills required:
- Draft, negotiate, manage and advise business teams (purchasing, marketing, RCM, IT, payor contracting, business development, real estate) with respect to complex services contracts, including vendor agreements/ renewals, work orders, outsourcing arrangements, non-disclosure agreements, provider agreements, Business Associate Agreements, insurance contracts and other commercial agreements
- Research and advice on applicable Federal and State laws and regulations, including Anti-Kickback and Stark
- Provide legal support to the Company’s non-profit charitable foundation
- Assist on all major business transactions, including acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, partnerships, or financing/re-financing matters.
- Develop relationships with various business units and functional departments and develop understanding of their strategies and objections to better serve their needs
- Ensure that Company form agreements and templates are up to date
- Juris Doctorate degree from an ABA accredited law school with bar admission, and strong academic record.
- 3+ years of corporate/transactional experience either at a law firm or an in-house corporate law department
- Healthcare experience
- Experience with commercial transactions and corporate/transactional matters
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills required
- A demonstrated track record of being a proactive advisor and partner with the business teams
- Comfortable in a fast paced environment that requires rapid turnaround on an array of high priority needs
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills; able to effectively interact with all internal and external business partners, including C-Suite personnel, providers and staff