At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Law Department supports the vision, values & goals of Wells Fargo by providing expert, creative, cost-effective, and timely advice and services to all Wells Fargo businesses and support functions. We operate in accordance with the highest standards of judgment, integrity, and ethical leadership to find creative solutions that best serve our customers, prudently manage risks, and contribute to Wells Fargo’s enterprise success.
This position manages regulatory enforcement investigations and litigations for the Wells Fargo Community Bank, Wholesale and Consumer Lending businesses. The position will directly manage a caseload of regulatory enforcement matters. Retains and manages outside counsel as needed. Conducts research on matters pertaining to various aspects of the Corporation’s operations. Represents the Corporation in negotiations and settlements with outside parties, their counsel, or governmental agencies. Provides legal advice on matters for personnel in multiple businesses. Reports to a managing counsel within the General Litigation and Enforcement Section.
- 10+ years of practicing as an attorney with a major law firm, banking regulatory agency, or in-house law department, including 2+ years of representing financial services firms in banking regulatory or transactional activities
- 2+ years of management experience
- Active State Bar membership
- Strong research skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
Other Desired Qualifications
- Prior experience with a state or federal enforcement agency a significant plus
- Ability to evaluate impacts based upon changes in laws/regulations and develop company response
- Ability to analyze legal issues in substantive law in area of practice and provide effective advice to clients on complex legal matters
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.