Come join the U.S. Postal Service!
The U.S. Postal Service Law Department is seeking to fill an attorney position in the Capital Metro Area Law Office located in Landover, MD.
The Law Department is seeking to fill an attorney position in the Capital Metro Area Law Office located in Landover, MD.
The successful candidate will handle a heavy employment caseload before the Federal District Courts, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and the Merit Systems Protection Board (MSPB), as well as providing advice to internal clients on a variety of employment matters, including but not limited to those arising under Title VII, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Rehabilitation Act, Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Occupational Safety and Health Administration, and disciplinary matters subject to the jurisdiction of the MSPB.
Come work in an energetic, lively, and collegial atmosphere on a wide range of complex, fast-paced, challenging matters.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts legal research and prepares written material for use in representing the Postal Service and advising postal management officials.
- Participates in conferences necessary to representing or advising Postal Service officials.
- Directly advises postal management officials and represents the Postal Service in legal matters involving outside parties.
- Prepares replies to inquiries from Congress, government agencies, and the public.
- Prepares opinions, memoranda, decisions, regulations, testimonies, or formal filings in proceedings in which the Postal Service is a party.
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position.