Job Summary and Scope of Responsibility:
The Customer Care Representative is responsible for maintaining relationships with external and internal customers covering all product lines at Controlled Products. This position is responsible for general customer account administrative responsibilities, order entry, returns processing, order tracking, and any other customer inquiries. Customer Care Representatives must stay up to date with product knowledge across all product lines. This is a cross functional role that requires interaction with the Accounting, Sales, and other departments. Position works in an office and warehouse atmosphere.
Door and gate automation and access control experience is a plus!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintains heavy daily telephone contact with external and internal customers regarding product information, needs and availability, etc.
2. Enters orders into the systems, and expedites them according to established processes and procedures.
3. Provides product information, pricing and availability.
4. Initiates and processes customer claims and disputes.
5. Provides sales and administrative support to the inside and outside sales teams.
6. Follows-up with customers regarding the status of their open orders and relay shipping information.
7. May assist with tracking and maintenance of accurate inventory records.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma/GED or some college or equivalent experience.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years customer care experience, manufacturing or distribution environment preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Excellent communication, organization and problem-solving skills required. Familiarity with Microsoft Office and 10-key a must.
Typical Working Conditions: Position works in an office and warehouse atmosphere. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is at a warehouse setting. Exposure to weather conditions and noise are moderate. The employee frequently interacts directly with other staff members and/or customers during the workday.
This position will be required to use equipment such as, but not limited to: calculator, phone, fax, scanner, copy machine, and personal computer. In addition, the position will be required to operate lift trucks, hand trucks and warehouse equipment such as pallet jacks, and driving a forklift.
Essential Physical Tasks: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, handle or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. May be required to lift up to 20 lbs.
Apply today and join our team.
*** No Agencies Please ***