Our growing Legal team facilitates the company’s success through creative legal counsel that helps drive Aetion’s mission. The Associate Counsel is a new role at Aetion and we are looking for a highly-skilled and dynamic attorney to join our team. This individual will provide key legal support across the broad range of matters that pop up on any given day. The scope of work might include commercial contracts, intellectual property, data governance, privacy, employment law, compliance, and corporate governance. The Associate Counsel will report to the General Counsel.
The following duties include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the full contracting cycle for general commercial agreements (drafting, reviewing, negotiating), including master services, SaaS, vendor, consulting, data rights and use, and non-disclosure agreements; partner with relevant business stakeholders as necessary.
- Assist with customer, licensing, partnership and collaboration agreements.
- Provide practical, creative and effective legal advice to internal partners on a wide array of business and contractual issues.
- Assist in the management of corporate governance and compliance matters.
- Develop and maintain template agreements that reflect Aetion’s new and evolving products and services.
- Serve as a reliable and expert resource for the business regarding contract related questions and processes.
- Assist and collaborate with the Legal department as directed by the General Counsel.
- J.D. from an ABA accredited law school and a member in good standing of a state bar (NY preferred)
- 2+ years of relevant experience at a law firm and/or in house
- Experience and understanding of corporate law and contract drafting and interpretation
- Demonstrated ability to identify, communicate and manage risks with an acute attention to detail
- Equally adept at working independently and collaborating with others; self-motivation and willingness to take on responsibility and drive results is a must
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with the ability to manage multiple demands and shifting priorities
- Understanding of a high-growth tech company environment
- Experience with health care law and regulations (e.g. HIPAA)
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical abilities, particularly in developing conceptual understanding of new topics for yourself and others
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership with strong work ethic and follow-through skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to demonstrate a high degree of integrity and engender trust at all levels of an organization
- Meticulous attention to detail and organization
- Lead at all levels – Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders and technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports and maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, and HIMSS.
- Located in three cities — We have offices located in Midtown Manhattan near Bryant Park, Boston’s financial district, and Los Angeles. All locations are accessible by various forms of public transportation.
- Social and energetic offices – with a modern layout, and a giant kitchen and eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, and industry meetups and events.
- Great perks – We offer competitive salaries, top-of-the-line benefits, company ownership stock options, ample vacation, 401(k) match and a daily lunch provision.