Accomplished, highly-skilled and strategically-focused attorney with experience providing legal counsel for content acquisition and programming of media content for linear and SVOD branded service distribution across multiple distribution platforms in the U.S. and internationally.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interpret, administer and support studio and original series acquisitions for use on all STARZ premium video product channels across all distribution platforms in the U.S. and internationally.
- Coordinate with and support the Senior Executive Team and strategic corporate initiatives.
- Juris Doctor degree.
- Admitted to the State Bar of California.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a major, reputable law firm focused on IP/transactional practice areas.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience providing content-related legal counsel for television networks, studios and/or media distribution companies in the United States.
- Superior drafting skills.
- Working knowledge of various distribution architectures and the applicable rights distinctions, including IP-delivery platforms.
- Working knowledge of copyright laws and licensing.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and work under pressure against deadlines.
- Highly motivated, extremely detail-oriented, organized and able to work independently.