Working with the Gulf of Mexico delivery teams, as well as the GSS and GSE teams, the Project Planner co-ordinates and manages the following requirements and deliverables for the aforementioned scope:
- PLANS AND PROCEDURES: Ensure alignment with functional and project planning, scheduling and progress measurement plans and procedures; Facilitate integrated planning sessions with project and discipline engineers as well as kick-off meetings with contractors for assigned projects; Lead the development of Level 1 schedules; Generate ad hoc schedules to ensure the development of proper estimates and studies; Support governance cycle as required per project.
- SCHEDULE ANALYSIS: Perform schedule analysis to support evaluation and ensure that schedule aspects are reflected in the concept selection recommendation; Work with PMs, Delivery Leads and Engineering to ensure critical paths and schedule variances are understood and communicated; Provide necessary plans/schedule to ensure the development of proper estimates and studies.
- MASTER CONTROL SCHEDULE: Lead the development and maintenance of assigned projects’ Master Control Schedules and the Schedule Basis and Assumptions documents; Work closely with Cost Engineers to ensure cost phasing and forecasting aligns with the current control schedule.
- PROGRESS MEASUREMENT: Ensure alignment with progress measurement processes and procedures; Assist Contractors and site teams in schedule development and progress measurement; Understand and communicate schedule and progress variances. Review the basis, assumptions and processes used by contractors to ensure development of robust contractor schedules and progress measurement deliverables.
- CONTRACTOR PERFORMANCE: Oversee Contractor schedule, progress measurement and reporting, ensuring implementation of Contractors’ contractual requirements; Monitor and enforce Contractors’ implementation of contract coordination procedures; Perform schedule integrity checks.
- REPORTING: Prepare the contributions to project reports including Baseline schedule / forecasts, Milestone charts, Progress and productivity curves, and look-ahead / what-if schedules; Provide accurate, timely and rigorous forecasts and warnings of potential schedule deviations or opportunities for schedule improvements.
- MANAGEMENT OF CHANGE AND RISKS: Develop schedule impacts and contingency/mitigation plans with change and risk owners; Lead preparation of Schedule Risk Analysis for assigned projects.
5 years + major project planning experience.
- Project experience in the concept development, selection, design and/or construction phases of projects and a clear track record of delivery and a willingness/ability to work with all functions and project disciplines.
- Planning experience in the major project environment
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, ability to develop and maintain relationships with colleagues and contractors.
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Must have excellent teamwork skills, able to work with the various project and functional teams to effectively manage scope of responsibilities and to resolve issues
- Must have the ability to effectively and efficiently accommodate rapidly changing plans and priorities
- Must have a bias for simplification and efficiency – driven to further increase the effectiveness of the planning team while reducing non-valuing adding deliverables and processes
- Must have strong performance bias – able to anticipate needs and address issues before being asked to or forced to by events
- Robust analytical skills with expertise in Primavera P6, Milestone Pro, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and ability to adapt quickly to new technology
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent