Our client, a global pharmaceutical company in Northern New Jersey is seeking an experienced brand attorney for the role of Assistant General Counsel. In this role, you will serve as the primary legal advisor supporting various business functions including medical affairs, sales, marketing, human resources and finance.
- Acts as lead legal advisor to corporate business functions
- Provide counsel for new pharmaceutical drug launches and provide guidance on advertising and promotion
- Draft and negotiate contracts
- Manage outside counsel
- Create, implement, and present training programs and materials on legal issues for various departments
- Lead cross-functional project management teams set up to address mid-sized to large Company-driven initiatives or special projects—internal to the Company as well as projects involving external business partners and/or other entities
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university;
- J.D. from law school of recognized standing and Bar admission. Must also be eligible to practice law in the state of New Jersey (either licensed in NJ or limited in-house license) and maintain such license in good standing at all times.
- 8+ years post-law school experience, including 5+ years minimum, 7+ years preferred pharmaceutical industry experience, particularly as a brand attorney counseling on advertising and promotion of pharmaceutical products
- Experience with government pricing is not required but would be a plus
- Position requires discretion, sound judgment, strong organizational skills, project management skills, a demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, and excellent client relation skills.
Occasional travel required