Chevron is one of the world’s leading energy companies, with approximately 48,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Employee Referral Posting -Trading Manager-Gulf Coast Fuels and Feedstocks located in Houston, TX Texas/United States through May 31, 2019 at 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time).
Requisition ID# 401716
Leads a team of 3 traders, 2 bunker fuel marketers and 3 petroleum coke, ammonia and sulfur sales specialists. The trade manager is responsible for supplying and marketing finished and intermediate products for Chevron refineries and marketing facilities as well as, performing third party trading for profit. Job duties may include marine cargo trading and supply in the Americas region, cargo trading and supply across regions as well as rail and truck deliveries and receipts. This position will play a key role on a global team developing and implementing short-and long-term strategies to optimize Chevron system flows and generate value especially with the changing business footprint adapting to IMO 2020.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement regional and global supply & trading strategies
- Develop business plans and deliver results
- Lead global initiatives along with Asia, Europe and U.S. West Coast trading managers
- Develop organizational capability to grow and sustain business objectives
- Lead development of commercial analytical capabilities along with other trading managers
- Manage trading risk within delegated authorities
- Advise on commercial and operational risk components of spot and term deals
- Grow third party trading focused around system flows
- Support business development initiatives
- Develop, maintain, and enhance procedures, systems, and controls
- Bachelors degree
- A minimum of 15 years of experience trading physical and financial crude oil, fuel oil, or refined products in multiple markets.
- Domestic and International travel required up to 10%
- Expert level capabilities in the areas of risk management, trade compliance, marine and pipeline logistics, deal structuring and monetization of real options. Knowledge of global oil flows and full crude oil value chain (crude to products).
- Experience in arbitrage economics and ability to drive value generation by identifying opportunities via the application of commercial analysis.
- Demonstrated proficiency in understanding trading business drivers and ability to develop and implement plans to meet objectives. Demonstrated ability to utilize decision analysis tools and processes to evaluate multiple options for solutions to complex commercial opportunities. Experience in negotiating complex commodity and infrastructure transactions with external counterparties and internal stakeholders.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills. Effective team player and proactive communicator. Ability to supervise and lead a small team with operational discipline. Demonstrated proficiency in supervisor skills including coaching and mentoring of staff. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with internal and external customers and team members.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to identify enterprise priorities. Ability to get things done through people outside of your direct reports. Knowledge of effective influencing tactics and strategies. Strong interpersonal skills and team player. Communicates effectively both written and oral.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Relocation may be considered.
- Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
- Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at <email address removed>.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.