Job Title: Part-time Customer Service Associate (Includes Bottles)
Essential Job Functions:
1. Greet all customers and provide them with prompt courteous service and assistance.
2. Bag or package merchandise according to established company policies and procedures.
3. Sort and return return-to-stock items (put-backs) back to their normal shelf locations with priority attention given to refrigerated and perishable items.
4. Gather shopping carts and take them to designated areas and pickup points.
5. Provide carryout service in accordance with the company’s guidelines.
6. BOTTLES where applicable;
a. Add up and record bottle returns into a cash register/bottle slip to provide customers with the most accurate and effective service possible.
b. Comply with all safety standards while operating the bottle crushing equipment.
7. Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide outstanding friendly customer service.
2. Observe and follow all company policies and established procedures.
3. Clean check-stands daily and assist in prompt cleanup of spills and breakage.
4. Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and follow company personal appearance policy.
5. Assist in special projects and perform other functions as assigned by supervision.
6. Work within our company’s management planning (MPP) guidelines to maintain productivity.
7. Support and comply with all company safety standards. Communicate any needed equipment repairs or maintenance work needed. Keep work area free from debris and safety hazards.
8. Treat all associates with fairness, dignity, and respect.
9. Perform accurate price check function.
10. Control excessive use of store supplies, such as ribbons, receipt tape, bags and cleaning materials.
11. Sweep floors during store hours and assist in other maintenance duties such as cleaning break rooms, rest rooms as assigned.
12. Assist in prompt cleanup of spills and breakage of glass or plastic containers to eliminate potential hazards and prevent accidents.
13. Observe security standards by staying alert and being aware of customers’ actions and behavior. Report to manager or security any abnormal behavior.
14. Keep the inside and outside of the store clean and in good order.
15. BOTTLES where applicable: Sort returnable bottles in compliance with vendor requirements.
16. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Effective communication and customer service skills. Must meet minimum age requirements to perform specific job functions. Willingness to learn multiple tasks. Demonstrated ability to perform the technical requirements of the job.
1. Perform frequent to continuous repetitive fingering, grasping, reaching and hand/arm motions while standing the majority of the shift.
2. Bend and lift products weighing up to 15 pounds continuously, 25 pounds frequently, and 50 pounds on occasion.
3. Push or pull up to 75 pounds on occasion.
4. Be able to handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning materials, packaging materials, fresh fruits, vegetables, house plants/flowers and household cleaners.
5. Work in and out of inclement weather when necessary
6. Gather up to five shopping carts and push them to designated areas .
7. BOTTLES where applicable: Move empty bottles and containers from the front end to the back room.