The position requires an experienced liquor licensing/permitting attorney familiar with regulatory requirements on a national basis, conferring with local counsel as needed. Responsible for obtaining and maintaining liquor licenses and other operational licenses/permits for live entertainment venues across the country. Drafting and negotiating concessions agreements for F&B service by third parties. Advising on training and certification requirements and developing/implementing best practices related to the sale and service of alcohol. Provide guidance on liquor sponsorship programs and other initiatives. Drafting of various contracts (e.g., vendor services agreements, license agreements, etc.). The position will be located in Los Angeles and will provide day-to-day strategic legal support nationally to both company executives and venue operators.
- Obtain and maintain liquor licenses and other operational permits/licenses.
- Create and advise on operational best practices related to alcohol training and service programs.
- Draft and negotiate concessions agreements.
- Interface with regulatory agencies. Attend national industry conferences.
- Advise on venue sponsorship and other activities.
- Draft a wide variety of commercial contracts.
- Provide legal support to executives and venue general managers on a national basis on an array of issues.
Provide support and advice on a range of operational issues, including but not limited to, crisis communication, security certification and various venue policies.
Draft and negotiate a wide variety of commercial contracts, including vendor service agreements, venue license agreements, production agreements, independent contractor agreements, booking agreements, and co-promotion agreements.
- J.D. from accredited law school and bar membership in good standing.
- Minimum 3 years legal experience advising on liquor licensing nationally and negotiating/drafting concessions agreements in private practice, in-house or in the media entertainment industry.
- Strong organizational skills, with ability to work under pressure and deadlines.
- Excellent judgment and ability to make sound decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle a high volume of work, and work through projects with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytic skills. Concise writing skills. Creative.
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at www.livenationentertainment.com/careers to join the Live Nation Entertainment team today. Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Live Nation Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation Entertainment recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation Entertainment may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.