Sony Pictures Television is looking for an attorney in its TV legal affairs department. Under the direction of the Executive Vice President, Legal Affairs, this department handles development and production legal work for both scripted and unscripted programming for traditional television and new media. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in television production, including with respect to the negotiation and drafting of development agreements (e.g., rights, writing, producing) as well as network/cable/streaming license and co-production agreements. Position is based at our Culver City, CA studio headquarters.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Negotiating and drafting development agreements for Television
- Negotiating and drafting network/cable/streaming licence and co-license agreements
Education, Years of Experience, Specialized Knowledge or Skills Required:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in television legal affairs, with experience in TV production
- Able to handle fast paced production issues in a timely manner.
- Excellent drafting, analytical, prioritizing, communication and organizational skills.
- The ability to absorb information and interact with senior executives in a confident and professional manner.
- Ability to be a team player and support all aspects of the television legal affairs department.
- Member of the California Bar in good standing.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures – CA – Culver City Area & Studios