Chevron is one of the world’s leading energy companies, with approximately 48,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Employee Referral Posting – Lubrication Specialist- National Digital Trainer located in San Ramon, CA, Houston, TX or Louisville, KY through May 27, 2019 at 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time).
Requisition ID# 401584
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Provides lubricants training and coaching support to strengthen the technical and sales skills of Chevron internal sales and external marketer sales representatives through the use of digital & virtual web-based classroom training methods.
- Significant development of new mobile based micro-learning video content and support of new e-Learning content development.
- Collaborates with sales on important customer opportunities and provide individualized coaching support both for technical competencies and sales behaviors.
- Provides a broad range of technical subject matter expertise to support knowledge growth of lubricants and effective lubrication maintenance practices for improved equipment reliability.
- Support of knowledge growth and sales performance improvements in Commercial, Industrial and Automotive business segments.
- Organize and provide technical products training through digital delivery to strengthen the selling skills of internal and marketer/distributor sales representatives supporting B2B sales to Commercial, Industrial and Consumer Automotive business sectors.
- Will also be called upon as a technical resource to help resolve customer issues, provide situational sales support and coaching, and provide practical field input in support of marketing initiatives.
- Participate and support new e-Learning content and mobile based micro-learning video content development for lubricants sales competency development
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years of equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of the degree
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in technical lubricants sales
- Understanding and experience with value-based selling concepts and sales tools (such as Reliability Based Lubrication – RBL)
- Ability to work remotely through digital platforms with marketers/distributors and sales representatives helping them improve their technical product understanding, knowledge and use of value based selling tools, and effective execution of the sales process. Includes coaching and mentoring.
- Demonstrated ability to operate with high degree of independence responding to field training delivery requests and technical/sales support needs in assigned area.
- Demonstrated capabilities as a presenter/public speaker who can deliver technical, products and sales training in a digital or virtual web-based format with confidence to groups of any size
- National travel <20% of time.
- Understanding of Used Oil Analysis and experienced with interpretation of test results
- Problem solving experience as Lubrication Engineer or Lubricants technical specialist
- Sales or maintenance experience with industrial or commercial equipment
- Experience with CRM tool such as SalesForce.com and social selling tools (Linked-In)
- Prior public speaking experience giving presentations or prior training responsibilities
- Working knowledge of lubricants product line is preferred
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at <email address removed>.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.