At the end of April 2019, WorleyParsons combined with Jacobs Energy, Chemicals and Resources (ECR) division, to create Worley.
Together, we are a leading global provider of professional project and asset services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We have almost 60,000 amazing people in around 60 countries across the world covering the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets for our customers.
Our exciting combination will create new opportunities for you to join us.
This is a senior level engineering position working under the direction of the Piping Engineering Lead and is in training for the duties of the Lead Piping Engineer at the project level. Supervisory and administrative responsibility over a group of engineers or functions as a technical specialist formulating and developing advanced concepts, techniques, and standards. Responsibilities include assuring effective utilization of engineering personnel, and technical quality.
- Develop conceptual layouts and cost studies.
- Produce detailed design calculations, hand calculations or design reviews as required and mark up stress isos’ with relevant comments for piping design, civil structural and pressure vessel groups for their design purposes.
- Check calculations made by other engineers.
- Assist the drafting group in resolving routine layout and detailing problems, monitor drawings in progress, working with the Piping Team Leader to ensure piping conformance with the design calculations.
- Assemble bid packages for piping purchase inquiries to be issued for procurement of materials or subcontract pricing, technical evaluation of all piping bids
- Assume the full responsibility for the line list and subcontract pricing items.
- BS or MS in an engineering discipline required
- 15 years of experience in engineering performing design and analysis for less complex units under general supervision required
- Experience with Ceasar II, Nozzle Pro and/or FE Pipe is preferred
- PE registration preferred
Worley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Worley is a background screening, drug-free workplace.