Mud Logging RTO
Duration: 1 year (renewable)
Location: Houston, Texas (North Belt)
- Under general supervision, performs all conventional aspects of Real Time Operations (RTO) including design, analysis, and/or troubleshooting.
- Provides technical and operational expertise to internal and external customers in a professional manner.
- Responsible for overall performance of job execution and company assets.
- Offers advice on system capabilities. Functions as a communication link between customer and the Solutions Team.
- Responsible for the successful coordination for RTO service delivery across the Product Service Lines.
- Job tasks, correctly performed, impact indirectly on cost containment, efficiency, profitability or operations.
- Skills are typically acquired through completion of an undergraduate degree in Engineering Technology or similar discipline and a minimum of 5 years experience.
- At this level, assignments require sufficient professional experience to assure competence as a fully trained professional.
- Assists with ongoing RTO training activities
- Functions as the designated Real Time Operations (RTO) technical liaison interacting with Sales, Operations and RTO support personnel
- Responsible for reviewing RTO job objectives, designs, and procedures
- Ensures proper configuration of the job, updates sources of data and record critical information.
- Assures that support resources are kept aware and have access to relevant information as needed
- Serves as the facilitator of any and all design adjustments
- Performs real time adjustment or modifications to the operation as required to optimize results, meet alternative customer expectations or respond to unanticipated conditions or changes during the operation
- Interfaces in professional manner with internal and external customers regarding services, as required
- Assists Sales Organization in Post-Job Reviews with Customer when requested
- Act as application support when required
- Support implementation of new services as required
Job description/required skills:
- Completions experience and/or the ability to interpret data logs from remote sites
- Provide a Connection gas summary
- Report on Zones of Interest
- Work with the Geomechanics team on analyzing cavings, gas events and mud losses
- Ability to operate Power BI software
Previous experience required:
- Prior Mud Logging experience required
- Prior M/LWD experience considered
- Prior Real time Center monitoring experience preferred
Additional requirements/nice to haves:
- IADC Well Control Certification a plus
- ADT (Applied Drilling Technology) skills certification or equivalent a plus
- Must be assessed and deemed competent as per PSL competencies for each role
- 12 hour shifts day and night
- No travel required