At the end of April 2019, WorleyParsons combined with Jacobs Energy, Chemicals and Resources (ECR) division, to create Worley.
Together, we are a leading global provider of professional project and asset services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We have almost 60,000 amazing people in around 60 countries across the world covering the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets for our customers.
Our exciting combination will create new opportunities for you to join us.The transition will take time, so in the short-term you may see references to our heritage companies in your application process.
Position Summary:The Construction Manager plans directs and coordinates construction projects to ensure company goals or objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
- Responsible for safety of supervised personnel; ensures that personnel comply with established safety policies and procedures, and has front line responsibility for providing a safe work environment
- Overall management direction for project planning, scheduling, equipment, material and human resources and budget tracking for all segments of construction projects
- Takes an active role with hiring and developing field superintendents and foreman while monitoring performance and is involved with the selection, development and training of junior field supervisory staff
- Makes management decisions, around construction methods, schedule, quality and safety
- Directly supervises multiple superintendents and oversees the performance of the various trades in the construction crews
- Assists with the preparation of estimates and implementation of project execution plans; attends pre-qualification meetings when required
- Maintains ongoing communication with owner representatives, project managers, and subcontractors and construction crews
- Addresses job cost and performance of construction projects in conjunction with the project manager, superintendent and foremen
- Responsible for ensuring project administration and reporting (labor, material, equipment, subcontractor) adheres to requirements and policies established by the Company
- Leads the planning of initial project site mobilization and directs others for project closeout
- Assists project managers with resolution of outstanding claim items and with warranty follow-up
- Implement detailed day to day plans for crew activities in accordance with the project schedule
- Liaison with Project Manager to adequately address challenges to the work face, schedule concerns or job performance factors
- Manage project change and cost impacts to the project (Change Management)
- Candidate will have the ability to travel, as needed, to execute the project in the field.
- Candidate will have a core supervision and craft following.
- Develop the FEL package that provides all front-end planning deliverables to engineering including early detailed construction execution plan that creates the engineering / procurement schedule and sequence.
- Provide constructability input into the design that optimizes the field construction effort.
- Responsible for overall management and coordination of construction for the project to maximize productivity and maintain schedule.
- Develops contingency and recovery plans as required.
- Monitors equipment performance and utilization; provides continuous improvement input and strategy development.
- Requires knowledge of construction techniques and equipment to develop strategies and manage overall quality and efficiency to ensure daily production.
- Develop solutions to complex problems that require a significant degree of innovation and ingenuity.
- Manages all on-site functions in accordance with the established policies, procedures, systems, and requirements approved by the Company.
- 15 years of Direct Hire EPC Lump Sum experience as a Construction Manager in an industrial construction organization is required
- Superintendent experience of 5 7 years required
- Journeyman trades certification is an asset
Worley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Worley is a drug-free workplace.