Performs a variety of engineering work in the initial planning of projects. Provides technical support to projects in all phases of work from investigation through remediation/construction. Independently evaluates, selects and uses standards, techniques, procedures and criteria for technical projects. Performs other duties as required.
- Perform detailed technical analysis of complex project issues.
- Monitor applicable regulatory requirements.
- Break complex technical tasks into manageable subtasks.
- Publish papers in area of expertise.
- Establish scope, schedules and cost controls consistent with their discipline and compatible with client objectives.
- Manage mid-sized technical projects and serve as the technical manager on projects.
- Work activities include collection and interpretation of engineering data, development of project design basis, development of specifications, and performance of detailed engineering.
- Engineering Reports are often a work product.
- Ensures conformance to applicable engineering codes and standards as well as company policies and procedures.
- Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline.
- Works independently with minimal guidance.
- Usually determines own work priorities.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- May stabilize at this level for many years.
- Has expertise in own discipline.
- Applies knowledge and skills to a wide range of standard and nonstandard situations.
- Interprets customer needs, assesses requirements and identifies solutions to non-standard requests.
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal/external business issues to improve products or services in own discipline.
- Monitors and controls costs within own work.
- Solves moderately complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions.
- Manages own time to meet agreed targets; develops plans for short-term work activities in own area.
- Explains difficult issues and works to establish consensus.
- Promotes teamwork; coaches and guides others.
- Typically has 5-20 years relevant experience.
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutionsfrom the wellhead to the storage tankto transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.