SENIOR BILINGUAL PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST
McDermott has animmediate opening for a Sr. Bilingual Procurement Specialist in the Houston Area. The Sr. Bilingual Procurement Specialist is responsible for research,negotiate and purchase through appropriate processes materials, products, andservices.
- Perform Procurement activities for the lifecycle of assigned project(s) from kick-off to completion.
- Use purchasing systems to purchase necessary items.
- Support material tracking activities for company owned, contractor owned and third party equipment
- Analyze market and delivery systems to assess present and future material availability.
- Interface with logistics and offshore teams to support best freight and storage practices.
- Comply with purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them to determine product availability and terms of sales.
- Maintain records of goods ordered and received.
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials.
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
- Prepare bid awards requiring board approval.
- Prepare reports regarding market conditions and merchandise costs.
- Represent companies in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers.
- Resolve vendor or contractor grievances and claims against suppliers.
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Support Procurement activities for tenders and proposal.
- Support Procurement development activities, processes and management of change.
- Minimum 7 years of procurement experience (5 in the Subsea / Offshore EPC industry).
- International Exposure
- Must be Fluent in Spanish (English/Spanish/Portuguese preferred)
- Works independently with minimal guidance.
- Able to determine own work priorities.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Able to apply knowledge and skills to a wide range of standard and nonstandard situations.
- Interprets customer needs, assesses requirements and identifies solutions to non-standard requests.
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal/external business issues to improve products or services in own discipline.
- Monitors and controls costs within own work.
- Solves moderately complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions.
- Manages own time to meet agreed targets; develops plans for short-term work activities in own area.
- Promotes teamwork; coaches and guides others.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Business, Supply Chain or related fields is preferred.
- Spanish is a Plus.
- Knowledge of SPMAT or Oracle preferred.
McDermottis a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering andconstruction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century,customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructureand technology solutionsfrom the wellhead to the storage tankto transport andtransform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.