Job Overview: Builds, positions, and dismantles scaffolds and temporary frame shelters according to sketches, blueprints, or company standards.The role of a General Foreman is to assist the Superintendent in providing leadership, direction and supervision of craft workers; to provide coordination in order that crafts work in a safe and productive manner. They plan, forecast and coordinate deliverables in line with quality, cost, specifications and industry standards.This person is to have a full working knowledge of their craft sector, to be aware of industry/legislative changes, safety protocols, relevant certifications (for personnel or equipment).Key Responsibilities/Accountabilities:
- Examines, selects and gathers materials and tools.
- Examines blue prints and specifications to determine dimensions of structure.
- Inspect base surface for obstructions.
- Loads, transports and unloads material.
- Measures boards, timbers, or plywood, using square, measuring tape, and ruler, and marks cutting lines on materials using pencil and scriber.
- Saws plywood panels to required sizes.
- Uses carpentry hand tools such as hammers, levels, squares, adjustable wrenches, hand saws and power saws.
- Assembles scaffold containing handrails, mid rails, braces and planks, toe boards, screening, locking pins and wheels to job specifications.
- Secures scaffolding to permanent structure by tying.
- Erects scaffolding for buildings and other structures and installs ladders, handrails, walkways, platforms, and gangways.
- May rig materials.
- Performs minor maintenance or cleaning activities on tools and equipment.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Plan and coordinate labor requirements.
- Evaluating performance against schedule.
- Closing out Punch list items as allocated.
- Advising Superintendent of any issues, impacts, risks or potential costs (financial or time).
- Creating, maintaining and updating short range look ahead.
- Maintain and monitor company and project specific HSE plans, ensuring awareness and compliance is asserted.
- Liaise, coordinate and supervise subcontractors, ensuring they conform to site operations, safety specifics and project requirements.
- Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines.
- Monitors and reports on cost and man-hour budgets.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Can rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Ability to work under immediate supervision.
- Able to work within precise limits or standards of accuracy
- Capable of making decisions based on measurable criteria
- Ability to apply basic mathematics and solve problems
- Capable of planning work and select proper tools
- Ability to compare and see differences in the size, shape and form of lines, figures and objects
- Basic understanding of IT systems, including: Email, MS Office (Excel), etc.
- Communication skills, both verbal and written.
- May require NCCER or equivalent certification with relevant experience.
- May require written and/or practical testing.
- Minimum of 48 months documented field experience in chosen craft discipline, with minimum of 12 months experience at Foreman level.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret instructions and documentation.
- Experience in forecasting and planning of project requirements: equipment, materials, etc.
- Experience in creating short and long range look aheads for Foreman to execute.
- Experience in monitoring cost and man-hour budgets.
- Experience in executing the requirements and monitoring of the project deliverables.
- Degree qualified in Construction or related topic beneficial but not required.
- NCCER Certified Plus in Scaffolding
- Experience in executing, monitoring and updating of construction schedules.
- Experience in adhering to, monitoring and implementing project HSE policies.
Other Details:If applicable to project, etc.Physical Requirements:NP=Not Present, O=Occasionally (0-33%), F=Frequently (34-66%), C=Constantly (67-100%)
StandingFWalkingOSittingOPushing70ft-lbPulling70ft-lbClimbingOBalancingOBendingOStoopingOKneelingOCrouchingOCrawlingOReachingOHandlingOFingeringCFeelingCVisionCHearingCLifting (lbs)Carrying (lbs)0-10O0-10O10-25O10-25O25-50O25-50O