Job Overview: Plan, layout, install, and repair wiring, conduit, electrical fixtures, apparatus and control equipment. Troubleshoot electrical problems. Measure, cut bend, thread assemble and install electrical conduit using such tools as hacksaw, pipe threader and conduit bender. Measures, cuts, splices and installs cable trays and wire trays. Splices wire by stripping insulation from terminal leads with electrical knife or pliers, twisting or soldering wires together and applying tape or terminal caps. Connect wires to power equipment such as electrical motors, switch gears and transformers. Test continuity of circuits using equipment such as VOM, Megger, Amp Meter, etc. Key Responsibilities/Accountabilities:
- Prepares sketches showing location of wiring and equipment or follows diagrams or blueprints.
- Analyzes project electrical needs and determines design.
- Respond to all types of electrical emergencies that may occur.
- Directs and leads the work of others.
- Maintains work area in a clean and safe condition. Complies with company and OSHA safety policies and regulations as well as NFPA70E
- Must be well-versed in electrical codes and theory.
- Properly mounts and install assigned electrical work, conduit, electrical tray, wires and devices.
- Must be able to work from all type of ladders
- Measures, cuts, bends, threads, assembles and installs electrical conduit using such tools as a hacksaw, pipe threader and conduit benders.
- Prepares sketches showing location of wiring and equipment or follows diagrams or blueprints insuring that concealed wiring is installed before completion of future walls, ceilings, and flooring.
- Pulls wiring through conduit, assisted by helper.
- Splices wires by stripping insulation from terminal leads with knife or pliers, twisting or soldering wires together and applying tape or terminal caps.
- Connects wiring to lighting fixtures and power equipment using hand tools.
- Installs control and distribution apparatus, such as switches, relays and circuit- breaker panels, and fastens in place with crews or bolts using hand or power tools.
- Connects power cables to equipment and installs grounding leads.
- Tests continuity of circuit to insure electrical compatibility and safety of components using testing instruments such as VOM, Megger, Amp Meter, etc.
- Observes functioning of installed equipment or system to determine hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement.
- Disassembles and repairs defective electrical equipment or systems.
- Loads, transports and unloads material, tools, equipment and supplies.
- Maintains tools and equipment.
- Performs other duties as required.
- NCCER certified.
- 36 months documented field experience.
- May require a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read and interpret instructions and document, plan and perform work activities independently.
- The degree of job responsibilities and requirements may vary depending on months of experience.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
- Be able to distinguish colors.
- Knowledge of certain procedures such as LOTO, etc.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules.
- Rate information using personal judgment or standards that can be measured or checked.
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Perform a variety of duties which may change often.
- Perform arithmetical operations rapidly and accurately.
- See detail in objects or drawings as 3-dimensional objects.
- Work at heights without fear.
Other Details:If applicable to the project, etc.Physical Requirements:NP=Not Present, O=Occasionally (0-33%), F=Frequently (34-66%), C=Constantly (67-100%)
StandingFWalkingOSittingOPushing70 ft-lbPulling70 ft-lbClimbingFBalancingFBendingOStoopingOKneelingOCrouchingOCrawlingOReachingCHandlingCFingeringCFeelingCVisionCHearingCLifting (lbs)Carrying (lbs)0-10F0-10F10-25F10-25F25-50O25-50O
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutionsfrom the wellhead to the storage tankto transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.
Work environment: Normal work environment will be shop or field which will require exposure to outdoor weather conditions, loud noise, working near moving mechanical parts, electrical energy, construction equipment, vibration, fumes, chemicals and airborne particles.Communication Skills: Ability to effectively verbally communicate directions from craft supervisors, and respond to questions from managers and fellow workers.Mathematical skills: Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.Physical demands: refer to Physical Demands section/manualOther: Must supply own tools appropriate for basic tasks