Recognized as a leader in the EPC industry and ranked as the #2 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine for the second consecutive year, we provide planning, design, build, and maintenance of upstream and midstream oil and gas facilities and infrastructure. With over 5,000 employees across North America, we service exploration, production, storage, and transportation of crude oil and natural gas to end users, both offshore and onshore. We bring together many different aspects including Pipeline and Facilities groups, onshore and offshore offices, and engineering services to help meet the demands of our clients.
Researches, develops, designs, and tests a variety of equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial and industrial purposes. Has comprehensive understanding of principles, theories, concepts, and industry practices and standards and their application. Responsible for performing all aspects of engineering and design. Works under minimal supervision, work is reviewed for adequacy on completion. May provide some technical guidance to less experienced design and engineering personnel.
- Prepares technical reports related to specific design issues
- Uses available design tools for efficient execution of project deliverables
- Knows how to perform dynamic analyses and related structural design
- Assists in constructability reviews and performs overall system design and associated coordination
- Know estimated quantities and total installed costs and designs to meet commitments
- Committed to develop efficient and economical designs
- Familiar with professional societies relevant to discipline
- Knows how to use and other available tools for enhancing work process within discipline
- Understands methods of design, fabrication and operation of engineered features within discipline
- Understands roles played by other disciplines on projects
- Familiar with computerized 2D and 3D structural model generation and analyses
- Able to co-author papers for professional journals and prepare technical writing with no assistance
- Ensure designs are safe, of the highest quality and the best value for the customer
- Is responsive to meeting internal and external customer requirements
- Recognized Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in engineering or technical field from an accredited college or University required
- 4 years’ of experience designing offshore production facilities required
- Current knowledge of EPC work processes as well as familiarity with the various project phases and the scope/deliverables required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Advanced MS 0ffice skills (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) required
- Experience with SACS, STAAD Pro, MathCAD, Autodesk Simulation Mechanical (formally ALGOR), and AutoCAD preferred
- P.E. License preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you’ll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.